1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to write a good cv

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chiz, 10 Jul 2006.

1. Chiz

Mobster

I've just recently quit my part time job, which i've been at for about 6 years, and i'm about to start looking for new work.

The problem is, i don't have a cv, and i don't have a clue where to start. I've seen various online cv's, and i know pretty much which content to include but i have no idea about layout, or anything else to be honest.

I'm a student as well, in third year, but primarily the cv is for part time work.

Any pointers, or links would be greatly appreciated.

Lee.

2. Chiz

Mobster

bump...

3. loopylou

Wise Guy

I would suggest searching the forums, there have been loads of CV/job threads in the past month or so.

4. Carlos_S

Hitman

Keep it simple i.e. only about 1 side of A4 as you aren't really applying for a technical job.

Keep it in black and white- no stupid colours or fonts.

Put you name as a big title (Not huge though) to catch the employers attention, then have C.V underneath that.

Check it again and again before you send it/hand it in look for stupid spelling mistakes and words missing capitals etc. don't make yourself look lazy.

Here's a site also-

http://newsweaver.ie/recruitireland/e_article000494356.cfm?x=b6hmJNb,b3QKVDh3