How wide do you design yours?

Sic

Sic

Soldato
depends what i'm told to do. if you're designing an intranet, you can be pretty sure that designing for 1024x768 is safe, but when i'm designing for myself, i normally stick to 800x600 just because i prefer the way it looks (even in higher resolutions) and i often spend a bit of time on the background bit (dont click my sig link yet...it's a work in progress :p)

Soldato
When IE7 becomes the standard for Windows users then I'll start using min and max width. For now I use a fixed size depending on demographics.

If the width is going to be 968px then I try and make sure all the important parts will fit on the screen and then have a less important column reachable by scrolling. As long as the content is readable without scrolling (or being too wide on a big monitor with stupid maximised windows) then it's good.

Soldato
I design for 800x600 unless it was a specific technology site whereby most of the website users would have bigger screens.

We have been selling 17" tft's now as standard for well over two years and 15" for 3-4 years. All which are set to above 800x600.

I tend not to design fluid websites as IMO they are a lot harder to look good under the differing resolutions.

Back
Top Bottom