How's this for an i5 gaming rig?

Associate
Minus a GPU, for now - waiting for ATI's 5 series.

i5b.jpg

The Geil sticks seem a really good deal, considering their timings and frequencies.

Looks OK, but don't buy windows Vista. Pre-order Windows 7 Home. It is cheaper and in the meantime you can use the RC until the full version is released. Other than that, with an ATI 5xxxx series GPU, it should run games nicely. :)

Associate
You could save £15 by going for an OEM version of the CPU. Also you're paying extra for SLI support, I'd drop down to the P7P55D or jump ship to a Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3 and save another £20-30.

Associate
Looks OK, but don't buy windows Vista. Pre-order Windows 7 Home. It is cheaper and in the meantime you can use the RC until the full version is released. Other than that, with an ATI 5xxxx series GPU, it should run games nicely. :)

Cheaper? Is Windows 7 on a special offer or something? I thought W7 would cost around £120 which was set prices a few weeks back, why would they sell W7 cheaper than Vista?

I hope it's true of course:)

Associate
OP
OK - some slight revisions.

i5b2.jpg

You could save £15 by going for an OEM version of the CPU.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd rather have the piece of mind.

Also you're paying extra for SLI support, I'd drop down to the P7P55D or jump ship to a Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3 and save another £20-30.

I'm not only waiting for benches/prices on ATI's 5 series, I'm also waiting to see if their release will drop the price of the current Nvidias. I'm happy to pay the extra for SLI support, just in case.

Back
Top Bottom