1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How's this for an i5 gaming rig?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Pete.Dakota, 14 Sep 2009.

1. Pete.Dakota

Wise Guy

Minus a GPU, for now - waiting for ATI's 5 series.

[​IMG]

The Geil sticks seem a really good deal, considering their timings and frequencies.

2. linktoinsanity

Underboss

Looks OK, but don't buy windows Vista. Pre-order Windows 7 Home. It is cheaper and in the meantime you can use the RC until the full version is released. Other than that, with an ATI 5xxxx series GPU, it should run games nicely. :)

3. Daegan

Wise Guy

You could save £15 by going for an OEM version of the CPU. Also you're paying extra for SLI support, I'd drop down to the P7P55D or jump ship to a Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3 and save another £20-30.

4. nutter

Gangster

Cheaper? Is Windows 7 on a special offer or something? I thought W7 would cost around £120 which was set prices a few weeks back, why would they sell W7 cheaper than Vista?

I hope it's true of course:)

5. Daegan

Wise Guy

6. SfnX

Wise Guy

coz its better. vista tbh was all about being flashy etc which kinda works but u loose in performance and compatability....and yes i use 32 bit home edition :D

7. nutter

Gangster

8. Pete.Dakota

Wise Guy

OK - some slight revisions.

[​IMG]

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd rather have the piece of mind.

I'm not only waiting for benches/prices on ATI's 5 series, I'm also waiting to see if their release will drop the price of the current Nvidias. I'm happy to pay the extra for SLI support, just in case.