** HP Compaq Mini 311c-1010SA Intel Atom N270 ION 11.6" Netbook @ £314.99 inc VAT **

Soldato
Does anyone know if this will play any basic games such as Football manager 2009? and whats the battery life like 3 hours plus?
I'd like to know more info on this as well. Football Manager is CPU intensive so I guess it will run but not particularly well. I think I'll end up getting an Asus Timeline 3810 which has a Core 2 Solo CPU. Compared to the Atom, it's a better CPU and should cope a bit better with Football Manager.

Associate
I'd like to know more info on this as well. Football Manager is CPU intensive so I guess it will run but not particularly well. I think I'll end up getting an Asus Timeline 3810 which has a Core 2 Solo CPU. Compared to the Atom, it's a better CPU and should cope a bit better with Football Manager.

I have just bought a similar laptop (PB Butterfly) and it is faster than the NC20 I used to have, the NC20 was using a via chip which was around level performance with the atom.

The Core 2 Solo is 800FSB, 3MB cache and 1.4GHz (1.2GHz idle), it is faster than an atom but I wouldn't be expecting loads of performance, it's still a single core 1.4GHz at the end of the day.

That said though, I can play Quake 3 real nice on it and can play HL2 on low/medium settings, something that was not happening on the NC20. I can also watch 720p video as long as it has been downloaded and played in media player, though the Core 2 Solo still isn't powerful enough to run Youtube HD without some frame skipping.

Soldato
Does anyone know if this will play any basic games such as Football manager 2009? and whats the battery life like 3 hours plus?

I get 4 hours running intensive things (games, for example), 5 hours video and 6 hours general use.

How are you finding the glossy screen?

Absolutely fine, it isn't a reflective as a MBP and goes brighter so it's pretty usable.

P.S. No RAM yet, damn RM!

Caporegime
^^ thanks

so whats your hand on heart impression Raikiri, i have been holding off a netbook till ION time, or so i told myself... now its here...but with atom not AMD and is only dx9...

i was bidding on a £250 Sony VGN-TZ11XN/B U7500.. but im inbetween now!

Soldato
Very usuable and can only see it getting better as CUDA acceleration is implemented into more things (Flash bing a prime candidate). As far as netbooks go it's by far the best I have used.

Associate
I see its now available on OcUK to buy. The specs are listed as:

ock.png

1. ION LE or Full ION?

2. Noted as DDR2 RAM?

3. I thought Bluetooth was extra?

I'll ask again if anyone knows if the Intel 5300 WiFi card can be fitted in this?

Many thx before I purchase :)

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
I see its now available on OcUK to buy. The specs are listed as:

ock.png

1. ION LE or Full ION?

2. Noted as DDR2 RAM?

3. I thought Bluetooth was extra?

I'll ask again if anyone knows if the Intel 5300 WiFi card can be fitted in this?

Many thx before I purchase :)

Ive seen the wifi car q asked on various other forums, what advantage would that offer over the std installed card?

Back
Top Bottom