** HP Compaq Mini 311c-1010SA Intel Atom N270 ION 11.6" Netbook @ £314.99 inc VAT **

Permabanned
Soldato
This is now up on the US HP site with the new options which are

• Atom N280 1.66GHz (which means 667 MHz FSB)
  • Up to 3gb RAM
  • Up to 320GB HDD but no SSD
  • Windows 7 HP
It's still ION LE as far as I can tell.

Max spec cost ~$650 which is ~£400

Last edited:
Permabanned
This is now up on the US HP site with the new options which are

• Atom N280 1.66GHz (which means 667 MHz FSB)
  • Up to 3gb RAM
  • Up to 320GB HDD but no SSD
  • Windows 7 HP
It's still ION LE as far as I can tell.

Max spec cost ~$650 which is ~£400

Nice find. Have you got an exact model number?

Be nice if they put a realistic price on it. £350 to £400 would be great. Worth the wait then!

Soldato
Nice find. Have you got an exact model number?

Be nice if they put a realistic price on it. £350 to £400 would be great. Worth the wait then!

They are not "models" you just customise it. I can't see every combination having its own model number. Head on over to the site you will see what I mean. Not sure I can link to it?

I've emailed HP UK to ask if/when they are getting the Windows 7 models in, will post here when they reply.

There is no way they will get away with selling it for over £500!

EDIT: Comes up with VL838AV no matter what spec I pick.

Last edited:
Soldato
Still awesome, will hopefully be a little more awesome tomorrow when my 2gb RAM arrives :p

Yea it should make a nice difference. I just stuck a extra 1gb I found in my "crap drawer" in the PC I have in my living room (the PC that I want the laptop to replace) and it made a HUGE difference its like a new PC! Granted it only had 512mb before, but then the 311 has shared graphics memory so is not far off!

Got Windows 7 on it yet? Good?

Associate
Thinking of ordering this tomorrow.

Gloss screen is putting me off a little though :(

Anyone know if WiFi card can be replaced with the Intel Wireless Link 5300 card?

Can I call HP and change specs accordingly with my order?

Permabanned
Very doubtful the price will even be over £400 for the newer spec one. Think about it, does the extra cpu, bigger hard drive and win 7 warrant a £200 hike? I don't think so. Anyway, lets see what happens. Might know more by the end of the week.

Trying to get as much info about these as my nephew wants one to take to uni with him!

OcUK are going to be missing out on a lot of orders as it looks like they are the last place to get them in stock! Everywhere else has them in stock!

Back
Top Bottom