HP Reverb G2 uk release date?

Associate
BIG pinch of salt required (since I found the discussion/info on reddit) but the first pre-order batch release is rumored to be mid-late next month.

Associate
Latest pre-order email says they've heard of no delays and are expecting a release announcement next week, so I'm hoping I'll have mine for middle of October.

Associate
Fingers crossed.

Part of me is thinking the delay could be down to MSFS2020 wanting to release VR at the same time the G2 launches, and it's the VR in-game that's delaying the G2 launch.

Not sure that'd come into it given that MSFS is an absolute monster to run anyway so hi-res VR for it is probably at least another GPU generation away before it's feasible. I know you can dial down the resolution but making your new tech look like old tech wouldn't be a great advert.

Soldato
Not sure that'd come into it given that MSFS is an absolute monster to run anyway so hi-res VR for it is probably at least another GPU generation away before it's feasible. I know you can dial down the resolution but making your new tech look like old tech wouldn't be a great advert.

Yes but the G2 is going to be exclusive to MSFS VR to start with.

It's probably a load of rubbish, just a thought though!

Soldato
Technically not, that was misquoted - it will be WMR exclusive at launch, not G2 exclusive.

They did however say VR would be released in time for the G2 launch, but I doubt they would delay one or the other if timelines diverge.

Soldato
The last mail they sent:

'Just a very quick note to let you know we are still waiting for HP to make the official announcement about the exact release date. We are not aware of any problems and expect HP to make the announcement next week'

Promising, and hopefully stock on the 3090 should a little more stable next month to bolt the two together.

Associate
Cancelled my order this morning..i don't know what this crazy b.....d government is going to do next but if i get locked down again my job is gone.
Hated doing it but can't take the risk.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cancelled my order this morning..i don't know what this crazy b.....d government is going to do next but if i get locked down again my job is gone.
Hated doing it but can't take the risk.

Sorry to hear that :( I really hope you don't lose your job. I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home, but this lockdown and all the restrictions are really taking their toll.

Soldato
I am fairly tempted to maybe put an order in for one of these, didn't know they have fixed the glare with the lenses. Thought it was going to be the same as the Index.

Should have put my Rift S on eBay while the cheap selling fees were going.. D'oh

Soldato
In all honesty I think now you may as well wait for reviews before deciding... there’s no more pre-order discount and I believe SystemActive said they’ve sold through their first batch now too. Of course maybe with cancellations there may be a chance to get in on that first round I suppose, especially if the quest 2 has caused more than normal.

Associate
I missed the early lower pre order price because System Active closed it before the shown date had expired. It's currently showing £658.80 on the UK HP site although you can't order yet. Does that mean the £640 on System Active is still a pre order discount ? I'm just wondering whether to pre order at that pirce.

Associate
Another day, another pre-paid pre-order that still hasn't got a shipping date. :D

If HP don't know the shipping date by now, then the October estimate is looking iffy. I was told that it'll take two weeks to get stock to suppliers, and then a further week to get those sorted and heading out to fulfil orders. They have to start shipping to suppliers in the next 7 days to ensure they meet October, and so far the suppliers (at least the UK partners) are still awaiting news.

Sigh.... doesn't anyone other than Oculus know how to release hardware anymore? :p:p:p:p

Soldato
I’m guessing they are waiting for their end of September event to put a date on it.

Ultimately knowing a specific date won’t change when it arrives, so meh I guess. Would be nice to have a clue though. Even just “definitely shipping next month” would be nice.

Associate
I’m guessing they are waiting for their end of September event to put a date on it.

Ultimately knowing a specific date won’t change when it arrives, so meh I guess. Would be nice to have a clue though. Even just “definitely shipping next month” would be nice.

Might not change when it arrives - but it might make me feel better about giving them my £525 3 months ago without any official launch date. It was 'rumoured' to be September, then 'rumoured' to be mid October, it's now 'rumoured' to be the end of October - it seems to 'rumour' itself quite a lot, and still no word from HP. Not to mention amazon Spain having a release date of the 1st of October for the Reverb G2.

I wanna know if I've backed the wrong horse.

Back
Top Bottom