Htc Desire or Google nexus

Soldato
In my opinion the only thing Sense has over the Nexus ROM is the bar at the bottom, which is completely an aesthetical thing. The way the Nexus works allows you to be just as productive, you can have the same level of widget integration etc. but it allows you to have a longer battery life.

Soldato
Magic is based on 1.5 cupcake. I don't see any differences between Android versions , aesthetically at least...unless I am missing something

Magic got a Donut update quite a while ago. The Sense enabled HTC ROM is also donut.

Nexus one does have multitouch and also importantly has it within google maps. HTC Sense 2.1 won't have that.

7 home screens on my hero is frankly too cumbersome and the pinch to see all home screens (in the 2.1 update) can't come early enough.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Also if you don't want to faf around with settings to change between the Android OS and Sense just go download a great little app called Home Switcher. Allows me to switch betweent the 2 very quickly and I can set which I want as the default. I use it without problems on my Hero.

Soldato
http://phandroid.com/2009/10/16/uk-donut-arriving-now/
http://phandroid.com/2009/10/09/donut-coming-to-vodafone-uk-october-19th/

Back in october.

Also wikipedia agrees. Only Canadians don't have it.

edit:

I'd be surprised if the recent sense rom wasn't donut. Of course it may just have been ported from the hero in which case it would be 1.5.

i dont know dude , but here's mine with the official rom featuring senseUI

23165.jpg

Associate
I don't think that this is the case - it is an integral part of the Android 2.1 OS - there is no reason why it won't be in the Sense UI.

This isn't strictly true, multitouch has been in all Android builds, but never implemented by Google, and multitouch in the browser etc didn't come standard on the 2.1 build, it came over the air. One day I didn't have multitouch and now I do :D

All the desire alpha roms have multitouch in the browser. Maps contains multitouch from the market, so the desire will have multitouch maps. Not sure about HTCs gallery app.

I can also confirm I can switch off sense in the desire alpha rom.... but the question still remains - why would you want to? You loose storage space and speed and don't get to use the pretty widgets - its either all on or off :( I still maintain if you don't want sense buy the nexus, it'll be upgraded to new builds faster than the desire, and has some serious dev backing :D

Soldato
I also think Apple is overrated :p

On a side note. My contact ran out 3 days ago so i'm on a rolling one. I called Orange to enquire about an upgrade to the HTC Desire which has been confirmed by newsroom.orange.co.uk. The STUPID lady could not find this on her system or even recognised the HTC Desire name. The 'system' viewed into mid April as well, apparently.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Soldato
I've been on ALL the networks throughout my life and just generally go to who's giving the best deal. I can't complain about any of the network providers as they are all as equal as each other. Signal strength is always good / knowledge - support ALWAYS bad lol. So i necessarily single out Orange.

Soldato
Do we know that for definite or was that just because the leaked alpha didn't have it?

http://www.slashgear.com/htc-legend-video-unboxing-0576838/

No multitouch within google maps. Unless for some stupid reason its omitted from the Legend but in the Desire.

i dont know dude , but here's mine with the official rom featuring senseUI

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3506/23165.jpg[/*MG][/QUOTE]

Pretty wierd. Before I made my last post I did search the HTC Magic thread on ocuk to confirm it was actually updated to donut.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom