Htc Desire or Google nexus

Soldato
Pretty wierd. Before I made my last post I did search the HTC Magic thread on ocuk to confirm it was actually updated to donut.

My Magic HAD 1.6 (Donut) on until I rooted and went to Cyanogens ROM. It was an over-the-air update from Vodafone UK. It previously had 1.5 (Cupcake).

Soldato
My Magic HAD 1.6 (Donut) on until I rooted and went to Cyanogens ROM. It was an over-the-air update from Vodafone UK. It previously had 1.5 (Cupcake).

Surely that's a mod of 1.6? From my quick skim, the reason for going to 1.5 was in order to root the phone which wasn't possible on 1.6 at the time.

Also, this only supports that an official new ROM not being 1.6 is weird.

Associate
Is that going to be in the UK packaging? I'm getting a Desire when they come out and it would be nice to know I get an 8gb card. :D

I read that it did, in a few articles. One I remember was slashgear's Nexus vs Desire article here > http://www.slashgear.com/htc-desire-vs-google-nexus-one-2074966/

On amazon and play.com it doesn't mention any card coming with the phone, though. The Nexus comes with a 4gb card so you'd think HTC would be sending one out with the Desire. I'd contact whoever you're thinking of getting one from and check.

Soldato
Surely that's a mod of 1.6? From my quick skim, the reason for going to 1.5 was in order to root the phone which wasn't possible on 1.6 at the time.

Also, this only supports that an official new ROM not being 1.6 is weird.

100% certain. Yes I thought I was stuck with stock 1.6 but thanks to Alfie in the Magic thread, he found a solution to every 1.6 owners problems. Now I have Cyanogen 4.2.15.1.

Associate
I think I may just wait until the phone comes out to get some definitive answers as it stills seems a bit vague at the moment. I might as well-I mean, I can't get it 'til then anyway!

Soldato
another question i got is

why did you guys choose android over the iphone?

Depending on the phone its cheaper and not any worse.

HTC Desire can be preordered for

£25 a month contract for 18 months with the phone costing £5.99.

Iphone 3G/3GS can't touch that.

--------------------------------

I got the HTC Hero in September for £20 a month for 24 months, 600 mins, unlimited text and internet with the phone costing £50.

Again the iphone wasnt even close. Although in this case the iphone 3gs does have better hardware, better cpu/gpu (OS is worse than android other than its use of multitouch imo, I couldnt go back to not using multiple apps at once).

Last edited:
Associate
Depending on the phone its cheaper and not any worse.

HTC Desire can be preordered for

£25 a month contract for 18 months with the phone costing £5.99.

Iphone 3G/3GS can't touch that.

--------------------------------

I got the HTC Hero in September for £20 a month for 24 months, 600 mins, unlimited text and internet with the phone costing £50.

Again the iphone wasnt even close. Although in this case the iphone 3gs does have better hardware, better cpu/gpu (OS is worse than android other than its use of multitouch imo, I couldnt go back to not using multiple apps at once).

Hi where can you get the desire fro that deal.

thanks

mark

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
Could that really be right? It works out cheaper than the phone is to buy out at £500 odd. Plus what you would normally spend a month, e.g. (£10).

Thanks for the heads up though ghost. I've never been on contract before and I am going to be looking for one to go with the desire or nexus and that looks right within the range I was looking to spend. Cheers.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom