Htc Desire or Google nexus

Soldato
Is it better? Better than what? The only improvements on the N1 i know of is the noise cancellation double speaker thing :p.

I think the desire is better overall. Plus there's no need to burn a new rom onto it, thus invalidating the warranty etc.

PLUS i believe the screen on the N1 isn't that great, so hopefully the Desire will have a better screen :)

Soldato
It's a sexy beast of a phone.

I'm contract free at the moment and and i'm thinking about buying this sim free, and then getting a cheap £15 month contract from T-Mobile.

This is because in no way do i want to tie myself down to a 24 month contract.

PLUS...... the resell fee would be a lot more on a unlocked/unbranded phone rather than one with Orange splattered all across it.

.. May be more expensive but at least i'd be free from any tie downs.

...anyone in my situation?

Izi

Izi

Soldato
It's a sexy beast of a phone.

I'm contract free at the moment and and i'm thinking about buying this sim free, and then getting a cheap £15 month contract from T-Mobile.

This is because in no way do i want to tie myself down to a 24 month contract.

PLUS...... the resell fee would be a lot more on a unlocked/unbranded phone rather than one with Orange splattered all across it.

.. May be more expensive but at least i'd be free from any tie downs.

...anyone in my situation?

this is what i am doing, or a 12 month £45/50/month contract.

I dont do longer than 9 months with a phone, I get bored. Especially with all the new phones coming out!

Associate
lol thanks i get it.... one last thing defo worth getting the nexus over the motorola droid?

Its the Milestone in the UK, which is annoyingly slightly different from its US brother the Droid. Seems to be less dev support than the Nexus or Droid for one, which is why I went for the Nexus....

Quite different phones: Moto has a physical keyboard, tough design, Nexus has the raw power and Google backing. All comes down to if you want a keyboard or not IMO, neither will disappoint.

can you load the desire rom on a motorola droid?

Its been done, won't be anywhere near as easy as Desire ROM -> Nexus because of the massive hardware differences, don't think it's been done on the Milestone, but I could be wrong.... Its the similarities between the Nexus and Desire hardware that make ROM swapping so simple....

Back
Top Bottom