Htc Desire or Google nexus

Associate
OP
Its the Milestone in the UK, which is annoyingly slightly different from its US brother the Droid. Seems to be less dev support than the Nexus or Droid for one, which is why I went for the Nexus....

Quite different phones: Moto has a physical keyboard, tough design, Nexus has the raw power and Google backing. All comes down to if you want a keyboard or not IMO, neither will disappoint.

Its been done, won't be anywhere near as easy as Desire ROM -> Nexus because of the massive hardware differences, don't think it's been done on the Milestone, but I could be wrong.... Its the similarities between the Nexus and Desire hardware that make ROM swapping so simple....

whats the difference from the uk version and the US version?

Associate
whats the difference from the uk version and the US version?

You're probably best asking in the Milestone thread, I don't really follow it. The Milestones had multitouch as standard, unlike the Droids, as well as something that meant the unlock process took longer to crack than the Droids, possibly the radio as the Milestone is GSM as a posed to the CDMA Droid

Soldato
You say flash will be a good thing, but when you think about it it can already play youtube videos and the only other thing that you might come across really are adds, which are utterly pointless. There are games but i doubt very much you could run them without depleting the battery in less than a minute.

Izi

Izi

Soldato
You say flash will be a good thing, but when you think about it it can already play youtube videos and the only other thing that you might come across really are adds, which are utterly pointless. There are games but i doubt very much you could run them without depleting the battery in less than a minute.

iplayer, itv catchup, 4od, games, bbc news, websites etc.

its nice to have the option regardless.

Izi

Izi

Soldato
I'm quite tempted to switch from o2 to T-Mobile for the Desire, would that be a good decision?

i think all mobile networks are the same - they all want as much money with as little effort :)

the deciding factor is if the signal is anygood where you live or not.

Back
Top Bottom