HTC Desire or I-phone, Help pls

Soldato
Really? It annoys the hell out of me.

I would second that. I hate having to install itunes on things then have it tell me I only have X amount of activations left as I forgot to deauthorise my machine before formatting last time or if I'm installing it on my laptop. Then of course it wipes the iphone when I sync it on a new machine.

I'm looking forward to no more itunes!

Soldato
What is it with android an multitasking? do you really use it that much? and do you know how android handles multitasking?

I thought that but you do and it all becomes 2nd nature and you use it all the time. Your in control and thats what I like about Android. I would never go back to the Iphone after using Android. Amazing bit of kit.

Associate
I thought that but you do and it all becomes 2nd nature and you use it all the time. Your in control and thats what I like about Android. I would never go back to the Iphone after using Android. Amazing bit of kit.

Yes I imagine you would, but what do you use it for? Is it actually multitasking or just having multiple applications open?

Caporegime
Did it get significantly worse with the 3gs? In comparison to my creative Zen and Sony mp3 players I found the quality noticably inferior. Sound quality on the desire is about the same.

maybe its all the extra receivers, [gps etc] or just less attention payed to it with new phones, but my inner ear headphones cost £200 and qulaity is easily noticable as inferior between 1st gen iphone and desire, its one aspect that doesnt always improve as time goes on

i hate itunes and apples OS and thats why i wont go back to apple, the iphone was amazing when it came out, but update followed by jailbreak was a pain so i stopped, it did spur the competiton on, an thats my one thing i have to thank apple for, without the iphone i wouldnt have my desire!

Last edited:
Permabanned
Yes I imagine you would, but what do you use it for? Is it actually multitasking or just having multiple applications open?

I've got a telnet app on my desire and while it's open i needed to paste in a long command, I just switched to my notes program, copied the text and switched back to telnet to paste it in.

I don't know much about the iphone, but is the iphone unable to do this at present?

Caporegime
I've got a telnet app on my desire and while it's open i needed to paste in a long command, I just switched to my notes program, copied the text and switched back to telnet to paste it in.

I don't know much about the iphone, but is the iphone unable to do this at present?

Nope presently it only allows apple approved apps to multi task ie music and phone calls and sms if im not mistaken.

With with the new iphone OS4...apple have finally relented to letting the device multi task...whether or not its true multi tasking is another question altogether.

Associate

Well not having a telnet app on my phone I can't check for sure...... but if I'm in the middle of typing a message in a non apple app i can go to menu open notes copy text and go back to the original app and paste it straight in the app will open just where i left it.

Back
Top Bottom