HTC experiences OLED shortage, uses LCD screens in new Desires and more phones

Associate
Turn it down and then load up something that is grey. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to see something.

hmm my theme is mostly grey, strangly when i took a picture of it, it appeared to have a tint...however not when i actually looked at the screen...how odd lol

Man of Honour
hmm my theme is mostly grey, strangly when i took a picture of it, it appeared to have a tint...however not when i actually looked at the screen...how odd lol

Well, its not really worth sparing a thought for unless it was bothering you :p

Man of Honour
Turn it down and then load up something that is grey. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to see something.

The pink tint due to interference patterns is visible at all brightnesses on certain grey shades (like in the gmail app). If you get a pink tint when lowering your brightness you have a defective unit.

Man of Honour
The pink tint due to interference patterns is visible at all brightnesses on certain grey shades (like in the gmail app). If you get a pink tint when lowering your brightness you have a defective unit.

At the lowest brightness I can barely notice a pink tint on certain grey shades, anything other than that I cant so it doesn't bother me.

I thought that just about all Desire's had this issue anyway?

GeX

GeX

Soldato
it is more noticeable on some than others. couple of my friends have Desires (i have an HTC Hewo) and I messed around with one and didn't see anything wrong with the screen (other than it being hard to view in sunlight!) but as soon as i picked up the other i could see a pink tint to it

Man of Honour
At the lowest brightness I can barely notice a pink tint on certain grey shades, anything other than that I cant so it doesn't bother me.

I thought that just about all Desire's had this issue anyway?

The brightness related pink tint should not affect just greys, that's the Pentile layout causing that. All desires have the Pentile related pink greys (certain shades of greys), and only faulty ones have an overall pink tint.

Man of Honour
The brightness related pink tint should not affect just greys, that's the Pentile layout causing that. All desires have the Pentile related pink greys (certain shades of greys), and only faulty ones have an overall pink tint.

Well, I have not got an overall pink tint :p

Soldato
I see, that has answered why I could see a strange tiling effect on the Desire screen compared to LCD, I thought it was just my eyes. Do we think that the LCD will be better or worse? The colours on the desire are quite nice.

Viewing angles. OLED will have perfect viewing, LED will invert colours at extreme angles.
No inverted colours on my phone ;) *assuming you meant LCD.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom