• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HTPC Graphics card?

Associate
Hi all,

I have a HTPC but want a AGP graphics card that I can try out Farcry on again, has to be passive cooled.

any suggestions please?

Cheers

Soldato
I dont think there are any passive AGP cards now that will play Farcry good, so it would be best to get something like a 6600GT and stick a decent cooler on it, like a Zalman, as they are almost silent.

Associate
Lanz said:
I dont think there are any passive AGP cards now that will play Farcry good, so it would be best to get something like a 6600GT and stick a decent cooler on it, like a Zalman, as they are almost silent.

Can verify that. Used to use one of these with a zalman, gave good results at 1024x768 with near silent operation.
For the CPU (3700+), used a swiftech heat sink with 80mm fan. This waqs on minimum speed with fan controller. Made for a very quiet HTPC, with decent performance

Back
Top Bottom