• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HTPC - Half Height Graphics

Associate
Hey all,

I am making a desktop machine using a HTPC chassis (Origen AE M10).

It can handle a half height card in the pci express slot of the motherboard (Zoltac z68). What would be the best gfx card I can get, assuming I want to play the latest crop of games with everything turned on (e.g. Deux Ex, Rage etc).

Is there anything coming up soon?

Thanks
TM

Caporegime
Also nvidia 450 GTS. Faster than the 5770 but quite noisy when it gets hot. The good thing is that it moves hot air outside the case.

A quick look suggests the HD 5770 is the better performing card unless the clock speeds on the low profile version have been crippled.

Benchmarks here.

Hitman
Associate
Unfortunately this is one of the reasons why I've decided against a mITX setup for my HTPC, GPU's seem to be few and far that are of a decent performance.

Would love to know if you come across anything as I'm still to finalise the build!

Back
Top Bottom