Huel: The Future of Food ..

Caporegime
Good call with the salted caramel. This one actually doesn't taste artificial like the others.

Yeah it's probably the best one, actually tastes quite nice.

Hey does anyone want a free bag of mint chocolate? I tried a couple of scoops of it and realised I can't stand the combination of mint and chocolate.

Caporegime
I was thinking I would like to try it? Want me to cover postage?

**EDIT** I could swap it for the plain, unflavoured?

Hey that sounds like a plan, I could use unflavoured with the taste boost things and see how it works. You can email me through my trust. :)

Has anyone noticed how much extra water you need to add when you use a blender to mix it all in? It just goes to show how much does not mix in properly when you shake it up in the bottle.

I was using 100ml/100kcal when shaking at the start, and now I'm blending it I have to use 150ml/100kcal to get the same thickness. Mind you I am actually weighing out the huel now instead of just using the scoop so maybe I wasn't putting as much huel in it before?

So far I like to varying degrees:
Vanilla
Bannana
Chocolate
Salted Caramel (Probably my favourite, why do they not sell this as a standard flavour?)
Apple Cinnamon

And I dislike:
Berry, just really doesn't taste fruity or much of anything at all, maybe because there's hardly any sugar in huel?

Last edited:
Soldato
I've found a way to enjoy the Coffee v3.0. Put a teaspoon of instant coffee, a couple of sweeteners and a dash of caramel flavouring. Wow! Really nice!

Yesterday I did a bit of an experiment. I went the whole day on just Huel. I had 8 of them in the end, but again, my problem of being hungrier in the evening than the morning meant I spent a lot of the afternoon to evening supping on Huel to get my calories up! I was feeling quite hungry and quite full of liquid in the evening too.

It wasn't the worst thing, but I wouldn't like to do it many more times. I'm glad to be having some solids again this morning :)

Caporegime
I've found one I really like - the Unsweetened and Unflavoured! Nothing added, just plain and simple. That Stevia aftertaste you get in nearly all the others is something I don't like. However, I've only got one bag left and have decided that I'm done with it when that's gone. Way too carby. It's been nice and all but better off eating salads and veggies with all the thousands of other compounds in them that aren't in Huel.

Soldato
I've found one I really like - the Unsweetened and Unflavoured! Nothing added, just plain and simple. That Stevia aftertaste you get in nearly all the others is something I don't like. However, I've only got one bag left and have decided that I'm done with it when that's gone. Way too carby. It's been nice and all but better off eating salads and veggies with all the thousands of other compounds in them that aren't in Huel.
Just curious but what's in salad that isn't in Huel. Too carby, tried Black.

Caporegime
Just curious but what's in salad that isn't in Huel. Too carby, tried Black.

I obviously don't know that but isn't it better to eat real food with their thousands of chemical compounds than Huel that has a limited number? I've had two bags of black which has the Stevia aftertaste so I'm not entertaining that. I've asked, others have asked for a U/U version of Black but the Huel guys say Black sells little compared to the v3.0 that it's not worth their while doing another subset of it.

Soldato
Anyone have any suggestions for a way to make black edition chocolate taste a little sweeter, literally like drinking mud..

Thinking of peanut/almond butter, or maybe using an almond type milk instead of water

Soldato
Has anyone tried the meal replacement bars? I got a couple with my latest order... they're quite dry... At 200 cals I don't supposed they're supposed to actually replace a meal, so I'm wondering how people 'use' them. Maybe with a regular Huel drink at around 300 calls, making 500 cals for a meal?

Associate
Anyone have any suggestions for a way to make black edition chocolate taste a little sweeter, literally like drinking mud..

Thinking of peanut/almond butter, or maybe using an almond type milk instead of water

It's a lot nicer using any type of milk but It also makes it thicker so bare that in mind. I find that 2 scoops of black with milk is a bit too thick for my liking but 2 scoops with water is fine.

Man of Honour
That's what stopped me. I guess I can tack a bag on with my next subscription of regular Huel?

**EDIT** Maybe not. It's not even listed on their site yet?!

It's only available for members who received the email about a sneak preview, you should be able to get to it via the direct link in the email (got to be signed in too).

Can't say I have any interest in it, especially with no kind of sample to see if it's any good, don't fancy spending £50 and finding out it tastes like ass :D

Back
Top Bottom