Huel: The Future of Food ..

Caporegime
If you lost 3.2 kgs in a week, there's no way that'll be fat (or muscle) alone. Mostly water probably.

Curious to see whether that doesn't go back up too.

I stayed the same this week even though I left a calorie deficit of at least 3,500. So it was probably some water which has been put back. It's difficult to know exactly as my cheapo scales give a body fat reading which varies according to weight so will be completely wrong.

Consigliere
Started the Huel experiment...so last Friday and up until tonight was/is 2 Huels and a small dinner.

I've made it work with 200ml of skimmed milk and 100ml of water. (drinking it straight away after a strong mix). Banana is not too bad at all. Prefer vanilla though. I am aware the milk adds a few more calories but it works for my intake/my goal.

And then from Tuesday until perhaps Friday, it'll be Huel for all 3 meals. Will be interesting but will see! At least I'll have work distracting me. :p

Soldato
Started the Huel experiment...so last Friday and up until tonight was/is 2 Huels and a small dinner.

I've made it work with 200ml of skimmed milk and 100ml of water. (drinking it straight away after a strong mix). Banana is not too bad at all. Prefer vanilla though. I am aware the milk adds a few more calories but it works for my intake/my goal.

And then from Tuesday until perhaps Friday, it'll be Huel for all 3 meals. Will be interesting but will see! At least I'll have work distracting me. :p
That must be quite thick? I use 2 scoops with 500ml of water and that's just about right for me.

Consigliere
That must be quite thick? I use 2 scoops with 500ml of water and that's just about right for me.

I use 2 scoops also. I have had protein shakes for a while (TheProteinWorks) so i think i prefer something a bit more milkshake-y if that makes sense! It is probably a bit thinner than yoghurt so it does "slide" when i tip it. Hard to describe. :p

Caporegime
Still haven’t finished the Huel I ordered three weeks ago but they got me ordering some more just to get a free bag of Thai Green Curry. So it looks like Huel for dinner and tea for at least a fortnight. :D Probably not a bad thing as this week is all Waitrose ready meals.

Soldato
Gonna give it ago as well anyone got a referral code, will order at the end of the month on payday.

Anyone having this while doing IF, I don't have breakfast only lunch and dinner. Plan is to have it for just lunch as dinner is with my partner and it's more social.

Pet Northerner
Don
thoughts so far:

1. The drink isn't as bad as I thought it would be, especially considering it's made with water.
2. The Black edition appears to be quite gritty, even when blended with a hand blender, left overnight and hand blended again for good measure. The consisency for anyone interested is like having a load of flaxseed inside of a regular protein shake. However unlike a protein shake the flavour seems more natural and less weird / artifical. This is tasting both Vanilla and coffee caramel.
3. Today I'm trying the Hot for the first time (with my partner) and the madras is nice (but a little bitty), although quite spicey and the tomato and herb is goopier, but is very tasty.

Soldato
My first order came this afternoon. I just finished my first drink of vanilla flavour Black edition. I blended it and used cold water from the brita jug in the fridge. With two scoops and 500mls of water there was no bits in it at all, it was just like drinking flavoured water. I might try a bit less water next time maybe 450ml to see what its like with a bit of thickness to it. I couldnt tell it was vanilla and didnt really go much on the taste but it seemed to get a bit better as i drank more.
My idea on using this drink is during lunch time and maybe the occassional dinner time aswell. I still have the chocolate flavour to try but ill probably just finish the vanilla before getting onto chocolate.

Back
Top Bottom