Huel: The Future of Food ..

Associate
Do they deliberately make the Huel bars taste like *****?

The health craze guys at work have been going through all the different protein bars and paleo/keto type products, so I've been sampling a load. They brought some Huel ones in today... Absolutely the worst 'food' I've ever tried, I reckon... and that includes all the old ration packs from inferior nations' armies!!
If their aim is enticing you to replace meals with these things, they seem to have it completely backward.

I find a lot of the protein bars are way, way too sweet. Sort of ironic really, for something that's supposed to be low in sugar.

Interesting too if your mates are mixing protein bars with keto ones! Kinda opposites!

Soldato
I think that's why I like the Huel bars, they're actually more chalky/powdery if that makes sense? I really like the Chocolate and Salted Caramel, so if I don't fancy a 'carb killa' which is quite sweet and chocolaty, I have a Huel bar as dessert instead.

Associate
Tried Huel and the Thai Green Curry was ok.

Thankfully my missus is on both a health kick and really enjoying cooking stuff at the moment so i've got healthy meals on tap which are less cals and better nutritionally than something like Huel can offer so I wont be revisiting the TGC for a while ...

still its worth to have it around as it does have it's uses.

Soldato
Almost finished my first huel order. I finished the huel black vanilla and half way through the huel black chocolate. I definitely prefer the vanilla, the choc flavour is nice but I'm not really a chocolate fan.
I get on really well with huel, I have it for lunch most days. I feel a lot better for taking it as well I seem to have a lot more energy. I look forward to see how it affects my training in the gym once it opens.
Deciding on my next order, I'm thinking on getting the vanilla again, and try one of their meals as well.

Soldato
I've started to quite enjoy the Huel Black vanilla and chocolate flavours. I find that both need an addition of sugar, but two scoop servings keep me full for a good while. Much better than their competition with regards to heartburn too.

Soldato
I find a lot of the protein bars are way, way too sweet. Sort of ironic really, for something that's supposed to be low in sugar.
According to the packets, they're almost all very low in sugar (mostly lower than 2g per bar)... but they instead use sweeteners like stevia and xylitol.

Interesting too if your mates are mixing protein bars with keto ones! Kinda opposites!
Low-ish carbs and low sugar. Is that not the aim with all the paleo-keto stuff?
TBH, I'm just humouring them and joining in support of their fad efforts to be all healthy. However, I'm not wearing sweat bands and leggings as if it were the 1980s!

Associate
According to the packets, they're almost all very low in sugar (mostly lower than 2g per bar)... but they instead use sweeteners like stevia and xylitol.

Low-ish carbs and low sugar. Is that not the aim with all the paleo-keto stuff?
TBH, I'm just humouring them and joining in support of their fad efforts to be all healthy. However, I'm not wearing sweat bands and leggings as if it were the 1980s!

For cutting out sugar, it's so much easier to go cold turkey and cut out 'sweet tings' instead. As soon as you remind your body how sweet foods taste by eating stevia laced bars, it just makes you want actual sugar too. I think the reason I find those bars far too sweet is that I don't really eat sugar, so am just not used to it. So it's probably me.

Protein bars tend to be pretty high carb, just not carbs that sugar. There are lots of types, of course, so they may well be low carb types.

Don't blame you on the leggings!!

Soldato
Protein bars tend to be pretty high carb, just not carbs that sugar. There are lots of types, of course, so they may well be low carb types.
The ones we have in today range from 13g per bar to 20g, for about 200cals... is that high?
I like the ones that are more like nougat. Huel is just too powdery and dry.

Associate
The ones we have in today range from 13g per bar to 20g, for about 200cals... is that high?
I like the ones that are more like nougat. Huel is just too powdery and dry.

Yeah, I'd call that very high. A banana is between 20-25g of carbs and that's enough to kick you out of Ketosis completely.

Chicken Soup is a fave keto lunch when it's colder, and that's about 3g of carbs

Soldato
Yeah, I'd call that very high. A banana is between 20-25g of carbs and that's enough to kick you out of Ketosis completely.
Chicken Soup is a fave keto lunch when it's colder, and that's about 3g of carbs
TBH, they might not even be doing keto or paleo. They certainly talk about it an awful lot, but seem very focussed on protein products, meal replacements and doing lots of exercises all the time. Some even go off to a room every couple of hours and do 5-10 mins of push ups and yoga poses.... while I nick a couple more of their health snacks from the stockpile, heh heh!!

FYI - Protein ice creams taste hideous too!! ;)

Associate
TBH, they might not even be doing keto or paleo. They certainly talk about it an awful lot, but seem very focussed on protein products, meal replacements and doing lots of exercises all the time. Some even go off to a room every couple of hours and do 5-10 mins of push ups and yoga poses.... while I nick a couple more of their health snacks from the stockpile, heh heh!!

FYI - Protein ice creams taste hideous too!! ;)

Ha! I've never tried protein ice cream!

I remember Arnie saying in his book that vanilla ice cream is perfect for body building. Then again, might not be so good for us part-timers

Associate
Any referral codes on the go? Getting on pretty well with the first lot of stuff I bought so keen to try out some new flavours. Presume you can continue to use referral codes after your first order provided you get them off of a different person to the first order?

Soldato
Have sent mine, but I know it's quite a hit and miss system.

Presume you can continue to use referral codes after your first order provided you get them off of a different person to the first order?

Were you able to? I'd be surprised if you can? Being referred is about bringing in new customers. It wouldn't make much sense if you could keep being given £10 off after you've already been 'brought in' otherwise we could just keep referring each other all year long :)

Soldato
Have sent mine, but I know it's quite a hit and miss system.

Were you able to? I'd be surprised if you can? Being referred is about bringing in new customers. It wouldn't make much sense if you could keep being given £10 off after you've already been 'brought in' otherwise we could just keep referring each other all year long :)
You can use as many as you send. I've used 10+ referral codes.

Soldato
You can use as many as you send. I've used 10+ referral codes.

Yes, of course you can. I've used over 20, but that's me introducing someone new to their product. Not sending a referral to someone that's already used Huel, which I thought is what is being asked?

Alternatively, he's asking for the discount code that someone might have earnt but doesn't want, which would be a different matter, yes.

Soldato
Yes, of course you can. I've used over 20, but that's me introducing someone new to their product. Not sending a referral to someone that's already used Huel, which I thought is what is being asked?

Alternatively, he's asking for the discount code that someone might have earnt but doesn't want, which would be a different matter, yes.
You just refer yourself, depends how many email addresses you have.

Soldato
But the original question was - "Presume you can continue to use referral codes after your first order provided you get them off of a different person to the first order?". Yes, you could answer that by saying 'Yes, just sign up again with a different email' but the actual answer (I would expect) is 'No, you can be referred once'.

Back
Top Bottom