HUGE FPS Drops After Overclocking

Associate
Hey guys.

I recently attempted an overclock on my AMD FX-6300, and yes I know it’s a bad CPU. I overclocked to 4.2gHz with a voltage of 1.275v. Everything seemed stable after a stress test. I went into PUBG and my frames were below 30 (low to mid 20s) and dropping to the low 10s at times, I have no idea why my usage was as high as it usually is and my temps were idling and under load at virtually the same as pre overclock so it’s not a cooler issue (I have a Cooler Master AIO liquid cooler with a 120mm rad), clock speeds were all in line with what’s I set up. I'm usually sitting basically at 60 with some drops at times which is what I was trying to eliminate I just wanted completely locked 60.

Just wondering where I misstepped in my overclock as it’s the first I’ve attempted and there seemed to be no issues at all pre PUBG. I crept the core multiplier and voltages up as and when necessary until stable, disabled and enabled everything in the UEFI I was supposed to, I just think I’m missing something basic.

Any help appreciated.

CPU: AMD FX-6300
GPU: GTX 1060 6gb (I know about the bottleneck it’s what I was trying to alleviate somewhat)
MOBO: AsRock Extreme2 970 R2.0
RAM: 16gb HyperX DDR3-800
PSU: Corsair 850w (I believe, I didn’t build the machine and haven’t been inside in a while but it's definitely 850w)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master, MasterLiquid Lite 120

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom