Poll: Hungarian Grand Prix 2020, Budapest - Race 3/?

Rate the 2020 Hungarian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
VzbNnXc.png
Budapest
When was the track built?
Work began on the Hungaroring in 1985, and the track was race-ready just nine months later. The Hungarian government had originally considered reviving the old Nepliget park circuit in Budapest in a bid to host Formula 1 in the country, but in the end decided to create a purpose-built facility instead.

When was its first Grand Prix?
The year was 1986. Nelson Piquet won the first F1 race around the Hungaroring, famously slithering his Williams around the outside of Ayrton Senna’s Lotus to take the lead.

What’s the circuit like?
The lack of straights at the Hungaroring often sees it compared to a karting circuit – and it’s true, the resemblance is uncanny. With several series of corners to string together, teams opt for Monaco levels of downforce, with a well-sorted chassis tending to be rewarded over horsepower given the short straights on offer. It’s a challenge many of the drivers relish, however, with finding a good rhythm key to setting fast lap times.

TV Times
Sky:
DG3Lxb2.png
C4:
Saturday - 6.45pm Qualifying Highlights
Sunday - 6pm Race Highlights

Track Diagram & Information
P41V4iG.png

Weather Forecast
fiH79yu.png

2019 Race Highlights
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...garian-grand-prix.3N6djtASUodnlbjjFBtzSY.html

Practice 1
41OJ4pY.png

Practice 2
vH78ZCc.png

Practice 3
54HCuXJ.png

Qualifying
IhyrofT.png

Race
Uxy8mfY.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Rain you say?

tenor.gif

Soldato
People read far too much into these forecasts. They aren't saying "it's going to rain all of Sunday". It just means that is forecast to rain at some point on Sunday. It could be through the night for 5 minutes.

It's like Singapore and Sepang, where chances are it's going to rain every day at that time of the year, but more often than not it doesn't happen during sessions.

Soldato
Interesting the way Russell phrased his response to Ted's question about him potentially moving to Mercedes next year. He said 'Claire wasn't ready to let me go', implying Mercedes asked Williams if they could buy his contract and replace Bottas and it's only Williams saying no which meant Bottas kept his seat.

Caporegime
Jesus.
Hamilton fastest on hards!
Go hard or go home guys!

Old merc and new merc 1-4 positions.
Just shows how far ahead they are.

Have the best package all round.
Best driver
Best engine
Even thier last year car is better than the rest.

But rubbish really. Can't blame merc.

Please be a wet race!

Last edited:
Caporegime
But rubbish really. Can't blame merc.

No, and I'm worried by the way the rules are set for the coming years. There's a two year engine improvement ban coming. Merc's advantage may well be locked in until 2025, assuming they don't completely fluff the new rules. Surely with the spending cap rules coming in they should be completely dropping these restrictions on upgrades and letting teams decide where best to spend their money?

Caporegime
No, and I'm worried by the way the rules are set for the coming years. There's a two year engine improvement ban coming. Merc's advantage may well be locked in until 2025, assuming they don't completely fluff the new rules. Surely with the spending cap rules coming in they should be completely dropping these restrictions on upgrades and letting teams decide where best to spend their money?

Yeah I kind of agree.
I mean an I'd like to think you can do what you like with that money. But I guess you might get even more field spread? Would love to see innovation like mass dampener etc

Back
Top Bottom