Poll: Hungarian Grand Prix 2020, Budapest - Race 3/?

Rate the 2020 Hungarian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Way to much focus on the "taking a knee" rubbish in the after-race discussions.

Just because someone doesn't kneel before "black lives matter" doesn't mean they are a raging racist.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Could somebody TLDR the HAAS penalties for me, I think I’ve had one too many beers and my brain isntworking :o
The team communicated to the drivers and told them to pit during the formation lap.

Soldato
How's that different to telling them to pit mid race?

Not having a go btw. Just don't understand the penalty.
Apparently (motorsport f1) on the formation lap you can't give strategy calls? Why no idea but rules be rules!

Also getting really bored of this black lives matter stuff. End racism? Yeah everyone is onboard with that. The focus on one race. The meaning of having to show that in a way that someone else defines (kneeling) is a crock of ***** You can't make everything diverse. F1 isn't racist, its just a rich persons sport. And thats the end of it.

Thought the race was ok. Not edge of the seat, but kept me entertained in the background as I worked.

Man of Honour
So being told to pit counts means that the car wasn't driven alone and unaided? What rubbish.

Absolute nonsense decision. No different to Norris being coached on the final few laps to overtake other cars. I really struggle to stay onboard with F1 sometimes. Meanwhile Red Bull gets away with blatant cheating.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
5/10

It had its moments, but as usual the FIA come up with some stupid decisions and the actual race doesn't end for another 8 hours. The camera work has been shocking this season too.

Caporegime
4/10

This track is rubbish.

Only took 3 races for Hamilton to overhaul Bottas. Thought it would be 4.

Great by verstappen after that formation lap! Well done those mechanics!

Great by stroll.

Everyone else was mediocre

Caporegime
I'm surprised at the low votes that this race is getting. Apart from the lead - which was Hamilton's from the start - the entire rest of the grid was full of action throughout the race. On track battles were aplenty and the tactical battles were fascinating throughout, with multiple stand-out individual performances of note. A splash of rain mid-race could have turned it into a true classic, but this was a solidly enjoyable F1 race.

Soldato
I see how to make 2021 interesting: Give everyone a 2019 Mercedes and let the talent shine through.

Worked for the Clio Cup and the now ancient Yamaha 350 series which gave U.K. motorcycle racing a whole era of top riders.

Back
Top Bottom