Hyundai ImageQuest L90D+ 19" TFT

Associate
backlight not uniform in L90D+!!

Hi!

Does anyone have problem with nonuniform backlighting?
In my L90D+ upper left corner is considerably darker than lower right corner.
No dead pixel however!

I am asking you this as it seems there are a lot of displays with this error sold in Germany (if you know some German you can check at www.prad.de forums - they also have english section) and also I know some ppl in my country (Slovenia). Pivoting the screen does not make any difference so it is not the problem of view angle.

I haven't seen any posts on your OC forums about this issue so I guess it was defective series sent to Germany and our country but not to UK and also France (see hardware.fr forums)

I returned my monitor yesterday already, but I needed your opininon if it was general fault of this monitor in which case I would take another (maybe Samsung 913n - but no DVI :( ) or I just have to get another L90D+, which I might have to wait a while to get nondefective shipment.

In my case the toolbar in word, explorer or outlook is bluish grey on left and yellow grey (as on CRT) on right. But even more annoying is that white background in word is somewhat grey white on left and perfectly white on right and considerably more bright on right. When you are reading the eye has to addapt to this changing brightness all the time every line, so it is very hard to read - you feel your eye straining in a few minutes.

Otherwise I agree it is perfect monitor for games.

Please check your L90D+ and report back to this thread!

Tomi

Associate
i don't think i've noticed any problems like this m8.
I understand though about it being a little tricky to read i.e. it seems to sparkle back at you when looking carefully at something, but this is mainly due to it being a TN panel so i think that effect is quite normal. I am though very happy with my monitor due to it being excellent for games which is on a whole when i use my monitor

Chris

Associate
Initially I thought I had the same issue as you but mine is slightly different. I dont get the colour differences on the sides and corner (reminds me of CRT's) but I do get light leakage. Basically everything is dark (relatively) apart from the centre of each side. You notice this on darker games and it's a bit annoying but I wonder whether it is the same on other tft's. I'm sure my mates' Viewsonic VX912B does it too.

So no I guess I don't really have that problem. Interesting to see what your new one will be like.

Associate
Originally posted by carpmaster
OCUK have now slashed the price of this panel.

A few days ago it was £425 inc VAT, now its £370 inc VAT
Well that's me learnt my lesson then about buying on release from OCUK!

Got to love the "exclusive" deal - "OCers have the only L90D+ supply in the UK for the first month so we can over charge and the cut the price once people can get it elsewhere and realise what the price should actually be..."

Way to go alienating the enthusiasts that buy first time out and support/evangelise OCers...

I understand OCUK are here to make a profit not support a community but stuff like that is just blatent and means next time OCUK make a big commitment to a manufacturer to take lots of stock for an exclusive on release customers that got burnt this time will sit back and wait for the price to drop a month later.

£10 or £20 would be understandable but that drop in a month shows just how much profit was being made from people like me daft enough to pay up.

Nice monitor but not pleased and not the kind of thing I had come to expect from OCUK.. :(

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by mrochester
tmileson, bare in mind that the monitor was brand new, cutting edge hardware at the time, which always commands a price premium. The price has inevitably gone down now since the monitor is becoming more mainstream.

We're only talking about 3 weeks ago. I agree with tmileson.

Associate
yeh well everyone who bought an L90D+ then have learnt their lesson. But personally, due to my own morales i will try not to buy from ocuk again.

Soldato
but thats not overclockers fault, its the dam manufactures fault. I got the viewsonic vx912 when it first came out in december from here,, and its the best monitor I've ever bought.

At the end of the day the L90D+ is rubbish compaired to the vx912. Im so glad I didn't wait for that monitor.. Cos the vx912 rocks

Overclockers does a brill job, keep it up guys

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by speedy2004
At the end of the day the L90D+ is rubbish compaired to the vx912. Im so glad I didn't wait for that monitor.. Cos the vx912 rocks

Are you talking from experience?

Associate

At the end of the day the L90D+ is rubbish compaired to the vx912.

That might be ure opinion, but except for the cost i really think this monitor is great. Colour quality is good for me, i love its look and best of all no ghosting for games. Tbh i doubt there is very little difference in comparison to the vx912, its definately not "rubbish" compared to it. Have u actually compared the two?

Associate
Originally posted by nofear
HMMM, i absolutely gutted as well. At least i learnt one thing, never buy anything from oc uk when it has just been realeased :(

well I think we saw the effort OcUK went to to get an exclusive on this for pre-xmas. Wouldn't have been so bad it mine had turned up when it was ordered (pre-xmas!), but it got lost in the post so I didn't get one till mid Jan.

Associate

I doubt that is the case! I haven't seen a VX912 yet, but have experience of over 30 LCD monitors. The L90+ on my desk is extremely good, maybe the best I've seen. I cannot speak for others of course.

Associate
I have had the good fortune of comparing the VX912B and the L90D+ side to side and I can happily say speedy is trolling.

They are virtually identical in image and response rate so all it comes down to is looks & price etc.

Soldato
Sorry, it just makes me angry when ppl say that overclockers are to blame.

I haven't tried the L90D+, and I shouldn't of said it was crap because I dont know. But what it sounds like the L90D+ has a lot more teething problems when it comes to dead pixels then the vx912

Back
Top Bottom