Hyundai ImageQuest L90D+ 19" TFT

Associate
It's ok, no worries. I've been shopping at OCUK for many years and prices can drop a fair bit on a new product (like the Hyundai that was bought for me) but I'd much rather have the choice of buying it for a bit more than having to wait for some other retailer that isn't as enthusiastic as Gibbo for example. We'd probably all do the same if our company was the only one to have the stock :)

Added in to the mix is the fact that a few months ago there were a host of news stories about 19" price reductions to come in 2005, so it's probably also due to market conditions.

As for dead pixels, well who knows unless you can study large amounts of figures but my Hyundai had none and my mates Viewsonic had a bright green one.... luck of the draw I guess.

Regarding picture quality, I hate to say it but the 17" Iiyama I've also compared has better images than both of these! But i wouldn't give up my 19", heh

Associate
My Hyundai ImageQuest L90D+

NO DEAD PIXELS
NO BACKLIGHT ISSUES
NO GHOSTING

Bit miffed at the price drop, even more miffed at people slating it for the sake of it.

Keep your TFT and Shut Your mouth Speedy!

Associate
Originally posted by speedy2004
I have to say the my vx912 beats my crt monitor by a long way

yeah, me too, but my crt has been slowly dying for a while :(

I'm just glad to have a crystal clear display! I'm still thinking of getting spyder or something to test and calibrate my screens: I guess it becomes worthwhile when you have several. I wonder if people would pay me a fiver to calibrate theirs as well ;)

Associate
from what I've seen theres really not much in it between the vx912 and the L90D+ - comes down to looks / price, and the vx912 is usually cheaper. Hasn't stopped me getting another L90D+ for dual monitor setup now the price dropped though :) (the new one has one dead pixel, but otherwise is pretty much identical with that banding jpeg , colours etc).

wsh

wsh

Associate
I have only ever noticed the banding with that particular JPEG on my samsung TFT I've had for 3 years. I've never seen it before in normal use. I think it could be that if problems are looked for, they will be found.

Associate
I think it could be that if problems are looked for, they will be found.

I've been dissed! Only kidding, but i did notice it when i fired up Half Life 2 and the blurred boot screen appeared, banded, due to lack of colour. Might be mine is just inferior to others tho as that would explain some others comments about not being able to see it.

I've got used to it tho and it bothers me less now. Digital cam pics are OK. Which is nice.

Associate
well, some people are more sensitive to graphics issues than others.

I'm still a bit bemuse that I saw the banding at one point (on my CRT as well) so I think there is a driver issue in there as well.

btw I have a spyder2 now, and have calibrated my displays. The CRT is really beyond help, as it can't get a decent blackpoint.

If you're L90+ was factory set to brightness 60 and contrast 80 (DVI - not sure if it's different for analogue) then my icc profile may be good for your monitor too.

just don't know how to attach it...

wsh

wsh

Associate
My new LD90+ has arrived with a dead red pixel. I got it from another shop incase overclockers had got a faulty batch in...

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by wsh
My new LD90+ has arrived with a dead red pixel. I got it from another shop incase overclockers had got a faulty batch in...

If you're unhappy I'd suggest returning it as "new" under the distance selling regulations.

Permabanned
Re: backlight not uniform in L90D+!!

Originally posted by windsurfer
Hi!

Does anyone have problem with nonuniform backlighting?
In my L90D+ upper left corner is considerably darker than lower right corner.
No dead pixel however!

I am asking you this as it seems there are a lot of displays with this error sold in Germany (if you know some German you can check at www.prad.de forums - they also have english section) and also I know some ppl in my country (Slovenia). Pivoting the screen does not make any difference so it is not the problem of view angle.

I haven't seen any posts on your OC forums about this issue so I guess it was defective series sent to Germany and our country but not to UK and also France (see hardware.fr forums)

I returned my monitor yesterday already, but I needed your opininon if it was general fault of this monitor in which case I would take another (maybe Samsung 913n - but no DVI :( ) or I just have to get another L90D+, which I might have to wait a while to get nondefective shipment.

In my case the toolbar in word, explorer or outlook is bluish grey on left and yellow grey (as on CRT) on right. But even more annoying is that white background in word is somewhat grey white on left and perfectly white on right and considerably more bright on right. When you are reading the eye has to addapt to this changing brightness all the time every line, so it is very hard to read - you feel your eye straining in a few minutes.

Otherwise I agree it is perfect monitor for games.

Please check your L90D+ and report back to this thread!

Tomi

Permabanned
I too have noticed that the left side of mine is noticable darker than the right side, especially when first switched on.
Once its been on for a while its then barely detectable. Its been on now for about 10mins and the left side just a shade darker.
After approx 30mins it will be 100% okay.

I had been contemplating returning it because of this, but to be honest I do wonder if I am being a too fussy, I have no faulty pixels and could end up with one that is worse, and is there such a thing as the perfect monitor out there?.

Associate
Very happy with mine, no ghosting, no dead pixels, no variances in backlighting.. just getting the stand on confuzled me...

Other than that it's great - bought from "elsewhere" tho' as better price :eek:

wsh

wsh

Associate
Originally posted by azaniah
Very happy with mine, no ghosting, no dead pixels, no variances in backlighting.. just getting the stand on confuzled me...

Other than that it's great - bought from "elsewhere" tho' as better price :eek:

When I put the stand on I managed to skin a knuckle!

Soldato
Originally posted by tmileson
Well that's me learnt my lesson then about buying on release from OCUK!

Got to love the "exclusive" deal - "OCers have the only L90D+ supply in the UK for the first month so we can over charge and the cut the price once people can get it elsewhere and realise what the price should actually be..."

Way to go alienating the enthusiasts that buy first time out and support/evangelise OCers...

I understand OCUK are here to make a profit not support a community but stuff like that is just blatent and means next time OCUK make a big commitment to a manufacturer to take lots of stock for an exclusive on release customers that got burnt this time will sit back and wait for the price to drop a month later.

£10 or £20 would be understandable but that drop in a month shows just how much profit was being made from people like me daft enough to pay up.

Nice monitor but not pleased and not the kind of thing I had come to expect from OCUK.. :(

It's a pretty standard business strategy, if you are the only supplier of a product then you are going to exploit this.. ie you are going to have a high price tag. If other suppliers enter the market then you adjust your prices accordingly.

If OCUK didn't commit to such strategies, they wouldn't be competing amoungst other businesses as they do today. Yes its harsh to the consumer but isn't everything in technology? You buy something as soon as it enters the market, a few weeks later it is available a hell of a lot cheaper. Look at Nforce4 motherboards, for example, it won't be long until their prices drop considerably, but while they are fresh on the market the suppliers will exploit this and demand a high price...

Associate
Drivers for L90D+

Ive followed the threads about this and opened device manager, monitor, update driver and selected the path to the cd rom but it says cannot find driver.

any advice?

Associate
This might be a stupid question but does the blue line that you can see in this pic mean i've got a duff panel?

Sorry for the poor qlty pic but my camera sucks :(

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by nik0lai
This might be a stupid question but does the blue line that you can see in this pic mean i've got a duff panel?

Sorry for the poor qlty pic but my camera sucks :(

I have to say that looks a bit suspect!

Associate
Re: Drivers for L90D+

Originally posted by danr
Ive followed the threads about this and opened device manager, monitor, update driver and selected the path to the cd rom but it says cannot find driver.

any advice?

You need to tell the Hardware update wizard to "don't search, I will choose the driver to install". Then click "Have disk" and browse to the driver file.

Back
Top Bottom