Hyundai ImageQuest L90D+ 19" TFT

OcUK Staff
tmileson said:
Well that's me learnt my lesson then about buying on release from OCUK!

Got to love the "exclusive" deal - "OCers have the only L90D+ supply in the UK for the first month so we can over charge and the cut the price once people can get it elsewhere and realise what the price should actually be..."

Way to go alienating the enthusiasts that buy first time out and support/evangelise OCers...

I understand OCUK are here to make a profit not support a community but stuff like that is just blatent and means next time OCUK make a big commitment to a manufacturer to take lots of stock for an exclusive on release customers that got burnt this time will sit back and wait for the price to drop a month later.

£10 or £20 would be understandable but that drop in a month shows just how much profit was being made from people like me daft enough to pay up.

Nice monitor but not pleased and not the kind of thing I had come to expect from OCUK.. :(

Hi there

You should not make such comments without knowing the facts:-
OcUK had a large shipment of this monitor air freighted in so that stock got here in time for the week before XMAS. Air freighting something as heavy as a 19" TFT Monitor and then several hundred of them cost an absolute fortune especially when its EXPRESS air freight for speedier delivery. Then plus the fact when Hyundai brought this panel too market they were the first with an 8ms 19" panel and hence they made more profit and as did ourselves.
Since then we have recieved stock which has arrived via ship which is substancially cheaper on shipping and were talking 4 figures for shipping here....
Plus then Hyundai got competition so too keep run rates up they also lowered their pricing and then their is the fact the exchange rate has boosted in our favour which also means the prices drop further. Yes of course we will make extra margin on a product we have an exclusive on every single company out there would if their intentions are too stay in business, but your also forgetting the facts that the 1st shipment was air freighted and since then Hyundai have dropped the price, plus the exchanged rate has improved in our favour. All these factors mean the price drops and so we lower our pricing to pass on the savings and remain competitive. :)

Another example is the Samsung 913N as Samsung dropped the price 3 times in just over 1 week, we were lucky not too have taken any stock as Samsung don't give price protection to the reseller.

OcUK have done everything right, if it was not for OcUK the Hyundai L90D+ would not have made it too UK shores until 2005.

Associate
The thing is Gibbo, not everyone, inlcuding me knew about the air freighting etc and thus thought that the price of the hyudai was gonna stay pretty standard neway for quite a bit or perhaps change by about 20-30 quid.

I did however wait for a bit before i bought mine as i belived the prices might drop. By Jan the 20th, however as they still stayed the same I just persumed the price would stay constant for quite a bit longer. Thats just my prob, i don't wait long enough :D.

Its deff not oc uk's fault though, many customers (including me until recently) just hadn't really grasped how the whole system works, looking back it is a bit obvious prices are going to be a lot higher when there is only limited stock and one current seller

OcUK Staff
9761 said:
My friend at college has one of these monitors and I could tell the difference betwen his and My samsung SN913N 19inch TFT

Hi there

It so you can tell the difference but you forget to mention which one was the better? ;)

Associate
can anyone tell me if the quality regarding dead pixels has improved on this panel? i was planning to order one tomorrow but the number of people reporting dead pixels is freaking me out :eek:

what can you do if you get one that isn't revivable? is it possible to get a replacement?

Associate
Sorry Gibbo, but I can't agree with you...

The perception is everything - as you said "Yes of course we will make extra margin on a product we have an exclusive " & "Then plus the fact when Hyundai brought this panel too market they were the first with an 8ms 19" panel and hence they made more profit and as did ourselves." Now there were other factors that meant you could drop the price quite quickly and substantialy, but the point still remains that the price dropped a lot quite quickly.

As a customer it's not up to me to have to understand all the process around the prices you set. If there had of been a clear communication that the first batch in would be a fair chunk more expensive I at least would have had the information I needed to make an informed choice. Maybe I'd have been happy to pay more to get it early. I didn't buy mine until January so maybe I was just unlucky.

As I said OCuk are a business and here to make money, no problem at all.

The first monitor I was shipped had bad pixels and had been RMA'd once already (it still had the shipping stickers on the box and a RMA number written on it), that along with a price drop of that size soon afterwards made for a bad experience.

We're paying customers, not bad guys...

I'm not saying OCuk did a bad thing, i'm saying I felt disappointed, whether that is because of my expectations or an accident of timing is another matter. Perhaps I was just naive...

The point remains, whatever the reasoning there are people that would think twice before ordering "on spec" or early for a new product again. As much as I would love to buy the latest and greatest on release from this experience I now have to assume and accept there will probably be a premium on the price for the first month. <shrug>.

The customer experience is important if customers are to be retained, on this occasion for me any kudos OCuk got from getting the monitors early was undone by the many pages of posts from people having problems/paying a premium.

It's just my experience and opinion, I'm sure other people got a top quality monitor first time with no pixel problems and are more than happy to have paid a little more to get it early

If you take the good publicity and glory on the exclusive deal with Hyundai I'd hope you'd be open to listening to customers feedback that felt they had a bad experience on this occasion as well...

OcUK Staff
tmileson said:
Sorry Gibbo, but I can't agree with you...

The perception is everything - as you said "Yes of course we will make extra margin on a product we have an exclusive " & "Then plus the fact when Hyundai brought this panel too market they were the first with an 8ms 19" panel and hence they made more profit and as did ourselves." Now there were other factors that meant you could drop the price quite quickly and substantialy, but the point still remains that the price dropped a lot quite quickly.

As a customer it's not up to me to have to understand all the process around the prices you set. If there had of been a clear communication that the first batch in would be a fair chunk more expensive I at least would have had the information I needed to make an informed choice. Maybe I'd have been happy to pay more to get it early. I didn't buy mine until January so maybe I was just unlucky.

As I said OCuk are a business and here to make money, no problem at all.

The first monitor I was shipped had bad pixels and had been RMA'd once already (it still had the shipping stickers on the box and a RMA number written on it), that along with a price drop of that size soon afterwards made for a bad experience.

We're paying customers, not bad guys...

I'm not saying OCuk did a bad thing, i'm saying I felt disappointed, whether that is because of my expectations or an accident of timing is another matter. Perhaps I was just naive...

The point remains, whatever the reasoning there are people that would think twice before ordering "on spec" or early for a new product again. As much as I would love to buy the latest and greatest on release from this experience I now have to assume and accept there will probably be a premium on the price for the first month. <shrug>.

The customer experience is important if customers are to be retained, on this occasion for me any kudos OCuk got from getting the monitors early was undone by the many pages of posts from people having problems/paying a premium.

It's just my experience and opinion, I'm sure other people got a top quality monitor first time with no pixel problems and are more than happy to have paid a little more to get it early

If you take the good publicity and glory on the exclusive deal with Hyundai I'd hope you'd be open to listening to customers feedback that felt they had a bad experience on this occasion as well...

Your RMA experience was just a case of bad luck, shame it happened to you.

If you really think that a new product just launched with limited amount available as is generally the case with all new products would be at its best possible price then you must be living on the moon or something.
You always pay a premium for the newest and latest hardware and its the same is most other sectors as well. You buy a brand new car, as soon as you drive it away from the garage you have lost a good chunk straight away. You buy a new latest CPU, VGA card or memory you pay more due to the normal case of supply not been able too meet demand. Its un-avoidable and having a rant about such things won't make any difference. Hey it would be great if ATI waited until they could ship 1000's of X850 XT PE's but instead they do not, they ship about 1k world wide and it becomes a fight to get the stock so premiums are paid when supply can't keep up with demand, fact.

Associate
Im definately on Gibbos side and OCUK side here.

If you buy a product at launch of COURSE your going to pay more for it. Do Sony launch the next gen games consoles at a price for more then 6 months....no, and thats longer due to the quantity sold..

This was the first to market 19" 8MS screen and we all know how desperate people were to get their monitors before Xmas. To support this demand, Hyundai AIRFRIEGHTED stock from Korea to keep customers and demand happy.

The next batch of stock was transported by water which by the time they arrived (2nd week Jan if my memory serves me right) Hyundai saw competition from other manufacturers and decided to have a very small price drop. In turn with the Euro rate getting a little better, and the lower cost of shipping, OCUK we given a better price.

What were OCUK s'posed to do? keep the price really high and bank the extra money on the next stock to fill their cars with Optimax? No, they passed this saving onto you the customer.

You have obivously had an unfortunate experience with your purchase but to say other customers have had a bad experience on this exclusive is a little broad.

But at least you realise if you want the latest and greatest technology, you pay a price for it..

The monitor is still in big demand and is still outperforming its nearest rivals (Toms Hardware review winner, PC Gamer Must Buy/Ed's choice to name but two) and we are 3 months down the line...

Associate
Hi, I got one just last week from Overclockers. No dead pixels, haven't used it a lot yet though.

Only problem I have, was that it £10 off the week before I ordered it and now its £20 off this week :(

Very nice screen, very pleased with it. Current trying not to give in to temptation and order a 2nd :p

Antony

Associate
They look very nice in pairs, gave in and ordered a second one at the end of january :). It's got one stuck pixel, but it hasn't bothered me much (it's always green, and isn't too noticeable except against dark blues / black.

With the drops in price, it's well worth it :)

Back
Top Bottom