I cried watching kids cartoon movie!!

Associate
Gay. OP clip wasn't upsetting at all?

A miscarriage / women unable to have children isn't upsetting even on a minute level in you inner being?
Wow we have a the first person of the new generation to be completely in-sensitised.
Any way as a man who is both very secure in his sexuality and so fourth, I can say the scenes that get me are lion king mufasa death, scrubs funeral and my lunch, Up both miscarriage and end scene. futurama the why of fry and probably the end sequence of ffx (though that could be exhaustion)

Soldato
The office UK end of the christmas special when ricky gervais is apologising to maggie when he is on big brother. that gets me tearful.

Soldato
A miscarriage / women unable to have children isn't upsetting even on a minute level in you inner being?
Wow we have a the first person of the new generation to be completely in-sensitised.
Any way as a man who is both very secure in his sexuality and so fourth, I can say the scenes that get me are lion king mufasa death, scrubs funeral and my lunch, Up both miscarriage and end scene. futurama the why of fry and probably the end sequence of ffx (though that could be exhaustion)

I'm not new generation, but I suppose I'm from life's school of hard knocks, so it takes quite a lot to ruffle my emotional feathers.

If that were my missus (infertile), I'd be thinking, "woohoo - no need for johnnies/other contraception!" :D

Permabanned
Bridge To Terabithia. Thought it was going to be a happy fun Disney family movie...not so. Anyone who's seen it will know what I mean when I say it stabs the knife in and just keeps twisting it for a good few minutes. Very effective though and very well done.

Yep Bridge to Terabithia gets my vote too. Really sad film.

Soldato
+1.

Just when you think they have both turned their lifes around his younger brother gets a cap in his ass in the urinal of all places, but yes a very moving ending indeed.

Not quite a kids movie though... At least I hope you havent been showing it to your kids.

"Daddy, why is that man trying to eat the pavement?" :o

Soldato
I have no kids.:p

Yeah I guessed that. But I just meant its not really the same thing. The OP is on about a kids movie - adults should be emotionally strong enough, and thick skinned enough to deal with the subject matter and content. Whereas in movies aimed at adults there are scenes designed to upset/shock a mature audience. So you cant really compare crying at a scene in "Up" to crying at a scene in "American History X". :p

Soldato
Yeah I guessed that. But I just meant its not really the same thing. The OP is on about a kids movie - adults should be emotionally strong enough, and thick skinned enough to deal with the subject matter, and content. Whereas in movies aimed at adults there are scenes designed to upset/shock a mature audience. So you cant really compare crying at a scene in "Up" to crying at a scene in "American History X". :p
I don't see why not they both trigger the same part of the brain, emotion is emotion is it not?

Soldato
I was posting on 4chan a couple years back about how my dog was ill and I'd taken him to be put down. Someone posted that video. It's good because you think it's going to be a comedic tale about this dog. And then as it goes on, you can feel the tone of the poem change and the audience stop laughing. I think if you own dogs that vid's always going to get ya.
That really got me, so very sad and very true. Makes me think of our old dogs and also what it's going to be like with my 2 cats :(.
The OP scene in UP is very sad and brings me close to tears. The realisation that after spending a life together with my wife, one of us will be gone leaving the other behind. Not sure how that wouldn't make someone very sad. There are quite a few movies where the emotion is carried across very well and it has the same effect, most of them mentioned above.

Associate
Ive got to admit watching the green mile last night brung a slight tear to my eye. such a sad but amazingly written film. I dont get teary during films so was quite surprised when it happened last night. As to the OP i havnt seen up but cant see myself getting teary at animation for some reason :\ but everyone works different i guess.

Back
Top Bottom