I Got Angry Yesterday

Associate
panthro said:
Dont stand by and let it happen. Do something about it.
Unless you're FincH.
squiffy said:
And it wasen't racist abuse, it was religious abuse. No more than me saying "oi filthy Christian" is racist. As you can see here African and Chinese Christians.
No, in your opinion it wasn't racist abuse, but I think it could have been (I don't know for certain obviously, I wasn't there) because of the "dirty" comment which I feel directly links to colour of skin, which is racism.

Caporegime
Cueball said:
They woulda up north! I don't know how you southern fairies deal with things... :p

Oi i'm a Yorkshireman i'll have thee know, born in Bradford hospital! :D

What I think it comes down to is that it wasn't worth hitting him over the comment. If they had assaulted someone then yes, step in and try and control the situation but a few yobby words? Yes its cruel and yes it makes our blood boil but its part and parcel of everyday life, and certainly not worth fighting over. If one of those kids in the group had of had a knife? Wouldn't have been so funny then would it. Put in hospital over elbowing a lad who will just go out and do the dsame yobbish stuff the next day.

I reckon his mate elbowed the lad because he was mad with him for the personal abuse slinging between them that followed the racist comments, not the actual racist act itself. :)

Soldato
Mr Spew said:
Act calm? Hahaha. You just said you wouldn't act, you'd be completely ignorant of it. You know your place in society - being someone that actively does nothing about racism.

No, I said I'd take the porper action and tell the releavnt people. How many more times to I have to say this?. Also why do you say I do nothing about racism? If I felt it entirely necessary, I would try and get the incident resloved. I've already said all this.

Mr Spew said:
No, because I'm not great in fights, what has that to do with anything?

So you only act in situations you're good at.

Mr Spew said:
A proper telling off? Why are you saying "so why not"? IT WASN'T ME THERE. Christ on a bike. I'd have acted differently (wouldn't have hit the kid), but the outcome would have been the same, told the kids off and belittled the security guards.

Is a lad really going to care what someone on the crowd said? No, they'll probably think "ffs, some ***** had a go at me today, what a ****". Whereas if say the Police had a go at them and contacted their parents, it could have a greater effect.

Mr Spew said:
Yes you did, you said you know your place in society and to ignore them. Ignorance breeds contempt.

I'd ignore them if they were saying it to me.

Mr Spew said:
To you, not to others. As if something doesn't happen to you, it doesn't matter, it's not your problem and not worth your time.

I've already said, ffs, that if I felt it essential I would have done the correct thing and gone to someone of authority rather than shout my mouth off.

Do - you - now - understand - me?

Soldato
Mr Spew said:
No you didn't, you said you'd ignore it, which does nothing but make the hateful kids think they're in the right.

It wasn't just one stupid lad there though, it was a group of them.

Your way was doing nothing, it was 'ignoring' them and letting them get one with their inciting - if anything that could have escalated into the Jewish lads getting a kicking, or the kids walking away afterwards thinking they were right by saying that since the authority figures agreed with them.

Yet again, I said, I'd have gone to the gaurds if it had upset me that much. (in the sense that seeing lads make that comment to the Jewish lad)

Maybe you're the ignorant one. Only read the stuff I write that suits you.

I've said before, I thought the comment was wrong and that he went the wrong way about it. I never said it was wrong to do something about it.

Last edited:
Associate
All your comments so far contradict each other, you said you'd ignore the lads if it was you - but when you're two small kids against a group of threatening ones, the situation is totally different.

You also said because it wasn't your business, you wouldn't have intervened. But oh look, you also mention in relation to the night-out thing that you'd report to bouncers or the police.

Reporting them to the police seems a little stupid in such a situation - it's a waste of their time and I doubt they'd come down just to give them a small talking to.

Soldato
Mr Spew said:
All your comments so far contradict each other, you said you'd ignore the lads if it was you - but when you're two small kids against a group of threatening ones, the situation is totally different.

You also said because it wasn't your business, you wouldn't have intervened. But oh look, you also mention in relation to the night-out thing that you'd report to bouncers or the police.

Reporting them to the police seems a little stupid in such a situation - it's a waste of their time and I doubt they'd come down just to give them a small talking to.

Are you stupid or something?

Yes, it wasn't MY business so I wouldn't have got involved. That's my personal opinion, BUT if it was my business or affected me in such a way that it did to the thread starter then I would have taken some form of action, but not in the way the thread starter did.

If it's a waste of time getting security or the Police invloved, why did one of them get hit and he seem so "Angry" about it.

Associate
FincH said:
Are you stupid or something?

Yes, it wasn't MY business so I wouldn't have got involved. That's my personal opinion, BUT if it was my business or affected me in such a way that it did to the thread starter then I would have taken some form of action, but not in the way the thread starter did.

If it's a waste of time getting security or the Police invloved, why did one of them get hit and he seem so "Angry" about it.
:rolleyes: Yeah, I'm really stupid - did you forget it was you that is contradicting yourself continually?

How was it the thread starter's business then?

Why are you asking me about why one of them hit the lad? It wasn't me, I wasn't there - I wouldn't have handled it in that way, the guy was out of line doing that, I've already made myself clear on that. Are you stupid?

Soldato
Mr Spew said:
:rolleyes: Yeah, I'm really stupid - did you forget it was you that is contradicting yourself continually?

How was it the thread starter's business then?

Why are you asking me about why one of them hit the lad? It wasn't me, I wasn't there - I wouldn't have handled it in that way, the guy was out of line doing that, I've already made myself clear on that. Are you stupid?

Yes frankly you are stupid. You keep going over things I've already said.

How have I contradicted myself? I've explained my answers.

EXACTLY, it wasn't the thread starters business so he had no need to get involved.

Back
Top Bottom