I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

What are your thoughts on the pre order pricing? I'm a bit disappointed with the £150 shipping fee. At the early bird price of £300 it's not too bad but as the price goes up towards full release is it still £150 on top?
This is definitely the resin printer I have been waiting for but I feel it isn't as much of a bargain as I had hoped for.

It's not 300gbp + 150gbp shipping - it's 300usd + 150usd shipping.

The shipping cost includes customs duty (which would be circa 90 quid) so I think it's fine. Frankly, even at $550 total(if you miss the early bird pricing and only get the pre-order pricing) it's a steal for a printer this size with a 4k mono screen - closest competitor is the Phrozen at $1500 and they have shocking customer service. I was expecting $700 for this printer, so I'm very happy. I'll be in the order queue on Thursday that's for sure. I think when this hit Amazon in around November, you'll be looking at 550gbp inc delivery.

Associate
It's not 300gbp + 150gbp shipping - it's 300usd + 150usd shipping.

The shipping cost includes customs duty (which would be circa 90 quid) so I think it's fine. Frankly, even at $550 total(if you miss the early bird pricing and only get the pre-order pricing) it's a steal for a printer this size with a 4k mono screen - closest competitor is the Phrozen at $1500 and they have shocking customer service. I was expecting $700 for this printer, so I'm very happy. I'll be in the order queue on Thursday that's for sure. I think when this hit Amazon in around November, you'll be looking at 550gbp inc delivery.
Yeah good point, glad you pointed that out. For some reason I thought the exchange rate was the same!

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Yeah good point, glad you pointed that out. For some reason I thought the exchange rate was the same!

Welp! They sold out of all 1000 units in 3 minutes. had one in my basket but as I was processing payment it said it had sold out. I have however ordered a Creality LD-002R (and an Anycubic wash and cure) to tide me over and if I'm getting decent usage out of the resin printer over my FDM I'll get the Saturn later in the year when it turns up on Amazon.

Associate
Thought it was time to replace my old Wanhao 4S (it was suffering from failed ball bearings in the axies and I'm fed up with replacing them, plus the hot end has self-destructed lol). Anyway, bought an Artillery X1 V.4 to keep me going, and I have a Creality CR6-SE on order for second week in October. The Sidewinder prints perfectly but getting the final print off the bed is another issue - they stick like crazy. Reduced the bed temp for PLA down to 54 and it seems a bit better but still difficult - they're supposed to just pop off when cool. First layer is perfect - not too much squish.

Associate
Thought it was time to replace my old Wanhao 4S (it was suffering from failed ball bearings in the axies and I'm fed up with replacing them, plus the hot end has self-destructed lol). Anyway, bought an Artillery X1 V.4 to keep me going, and I have a Creality CR6-SE on order for second week in October. The Sidewinder prints perfectly but getting the final print off the bed is another issue - they stick like crazy. Reduced the bed temp for PLA down to 54 and it seems a bit better but still difficult - they're supposed to just pop off when cool. First layer is perfect - not too much squish.

Your brave getting a cr6-se, they are having issues with setting themselves on fire. They for some reason decided to step the 24v down to 12v for the motors and cheaped out on the circuit and components.

Not the first time for Creality unfortunately.

Pet Northerner
Don

Try to invest in a wham bam or another flexible bed solution - that'll say you needing to relevel beds after scraping sticky prints :)

Associate
Your brave getting a cr6-se, they are having issues with setting themselves on fire. They for some reason decided to step the 24v down to 12v for the motors and cheaped out on the circuit and components.

Not the first time for Creality unfortunately.
Well I'll check it out carefully when it turns up, if I don't like what I see it goes back! The PSU is supposed to be a genuine Meanwell rather than a cheap no-name so I'll be disappointed if the rest isn't up to scratch.

Associate
Try to invest in a wham bam or another flexible bed solution - that'll say you needing to relevel beds after scraping sticky prints :)

Yeah, spring steel magnetic base would be nice. Would have to sit on top of the glass though...(?) Anyway, been playing with some settings and the last few prints have come off OK. Plate has to be stone cold for it to let go of the print though. Very last one I finished just now I heard it crack loose as it cooled (so I thought), but when I wrenched it off it had not completely come loose and one edge lost its first layer :( I guess patience is required - and a bigger cooling fan :)

Soldato
Should have my Creality CR-6 SE next week.

I am going to bypass the on\off switch till I find a good replacement.

It came today and I did bypass the switch just in case.
Going to test it in the morning.

It's a cute little thing :)

Last edited:
Associate
What kinda of things do you make on them?

The printer becomes much more useful if you can design your own stuff - that means getting to know a suitable CAD program. There are many good free apps that can do the job, so many in fact it becomes confusing which one to choose to learn. Fusion360 is probably the number one, up until now I've used SketchUp but it's not as good as Fusion360 now for general use. Think I'll change. Loads of options though.

Associate
Printed a new fan duct for the Sidewinder X1, has 2x 50mm fans instead of the default 1x 40mm. Yes it's noisy @ 100% (well, the fan motors are quiet but the rush of air is noticeable) but at 75% it's fine and more effective. Still have that extra blast available if I'm atttempting some silly overhangs. Also having a BLTouch delivered today which fits to the right of the twin duct assembly, I've been spoiled by the auto bed leveling on the CR-6 SE!

Also, had my first fail with the X-axis ribbon cable. It's been pulled out and pushed back in to its socket a few times and the end edge looked a bit chewed up. The extruder just stopped working. So instead of fitting a replacement I trimmed the last 1/16" off with scissors to clean it up and that has worked. Also replaced the teflon tube with some Capricorn tube while I had the thing apart.

Not sure whether to go with the Waggster mod for the BLTouch or 'roll my own' and mod a more recent Marlin release. The one provided with the mod (on his download page) seems to be an old version. Also, my touch sensor offsets will be different - but they can be set with an M851 command I think.

Last edited:
Associate
Just acquired this tonight. Other half brought it home from her parents. Never been opened/used! Think it's about 5 years old, scanner has been discontinued.

Will get it unboxed and set up! Don't know if it's anygood? Never owned a 3d printer before but always fancied a dable.

Am open to any advice and suggestions being new to this etc. :)

Associate
Just acquired this tonight. Other half brought it home from her parents. Never been opened/used! Think it's about 5 years old, scanner has been discontinued.

Will get it unboxed and set up! Don't know if it's anygood? Never owned a 3d printer before but always fancied a dable.

Am open to any advice and suggestions being new to this etc. :)

They are a bit of a pain to use because of the proprietary software/hardware, I've had one in hand before and even had one to try and fix an issue with, wasn't a great experience to be honest. But they that's just my view, maybe it will work just fine for you.

Associate
I picked up a Creality Ender3 v2 a few weeks back, and am loving the quality of the prints I'm getting out of it.

Printed off lots of lithophane;s for the family as xmas pressies.

Associate
I picked up a Creality Ender3 v2 a few weeks back, and am loving the quality of the prints I'm getting out of it.

Printed off lots of lithophane;s for the family as xmas pressies.

I ordered one around 17th Dec for an xmas present, expected delivery by 23rd - shipped from Poland.
Then the whole covid/border fiasco thing put a stop to that (having sat somewhere in Germany for over a week). Order was automatically sent back to Creality and now in the process of a refund!

So close!

Back
Top Bottom