I HATE it when that happens

Associate
SiriusB said:
I'd have ignored him and gone back to sleep. For all you know he was trying to get some kip too. Looks like he doesn't really need to now! Murderer!

SiriusB

You may be interested to know the average person eats several spiders in their sleep throughout their lifetime. Nice and crunchy :)

Soldato
I'm surprised at how people who are creeped out by spiders get the courage to just splat it there and then. I'm a bit scared of giant moths etc flying right by my face when i'm sleeping or falling on my face or something but I never get the courage to go and splat them one partly because I think eww gross :D

Then you have to wipe the splat mark off afterwards, charming.

Fa-

Fa-

Associate
moths crawl and get stuck in your ears, then you wake up with the feeling that someone has a hammer drill in the side of your face, and you have to go get them tweezed out by the doctor :(

Im in australaia at the moment..... i ... hate.... spiders.... and every single spider i have seen so far are deadly, or maim you in some other horrid way.. i had a red back (black widow) on my arm while helping with my sisters decking the other day, gave me a heart attack.. and theres these other little ones called white tails or something, they are only small, like house spiders back in Uk, but when they bight you they inject flesh eating poison that rots you :o and you have to get skin grafs, and even when you think your over it, it can come back in like, 10 years and start rotting you away again :( we had loads in my sisters old house here....

also there are these massive turantula (sp?) type ones called huntsman that are rrreeally common around this part, they are HUGE! way bigger then my hand, and jump like 6 foot :o...

but im one of those that will catch and release back in England.. i just run when i see anything with more then two legs here.

i have australian friends here that are just as creeped out by insects as us, you think they would be desensitized by it all.

Last edited:
Soldato
ewww when I heard about the spiders crawling into people's mouths during the night my throat started tickling :eek: . We had a huge spider in the bathroom last week behind the toilet, why it would wont to be there I don't no! Ended up being squished by a herbal essences bottle :p

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Not sure about all this eating x number of spiders per year in your sleep. I'm pretty sure if something crawled into my mouth whilst I was asleep I would wake up coughing and spluttering and spit it out, whole or in pieces.

Any spider larger than about 6mm across has to be removed from the room / house 'mfraid... lousy freeloaders... get out and earn some money if you want to live with me.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
momentimori said:
Spiders aren't freeloaders think of all those insects they're munching and where they'd be if they didn't

So? They don't put anything towards the bills.

Mat

Mat

Soldato
momentimori said:
Spiders aren't freeloaders think of all those insects they're munching and where they'd be if they didn't

I know, was kidding... If only there was a way to train a squad of spiders to spin tight webs across an open window... that way I could leave the window open in the heat and not have the problem of flies coming in, hate that too.

Permabanned
momentimori said:
You may be interested to know the average person eats several spiders in their sleep throughout their lifetime. Nice and crunchy :)

Well I haven't eaten any, therefore some poor sap is having my average share of spiders.

Soldato
I kinda get paranoid when im on my PC at night, I dont have the light on just incase I see one, therefore sweating buckets in the dark and trying not to keep my feet on the ground. I get really paranoid that one huge mofo spider is on the floor.

And I get the occasional wtf was that I saw move! :eek: its was my shadow on the wall.

I bet I see one tonight now :(

edit: when you see them from a distance they look ok to go near and kill but when I get closer its like humogous and hairy and scutters off leaving me like 'Oh boy'.

Soldato
Kerplunk said:
I kinda get paranoid when im on my PC at night, I dont have the light on just incase I see one, therefore sweating buckets in the dark and trying not to keep my feet on the ground. I get really paranoid that one huge mofo spider is on the floor.

And I get the occasional wtf was that I saw move! :eek: its was my shadow on the wall.

I bet I see one tonight now :(

edit: when you see them from a distance they look ok to go near and kill but when I get closer its like humogous and hairy and scutters off leaving me like 'Oh boy'.

LMAO, big pansy!

Spider>kerplunk

Soldato
I hate spiders too. Didn't realise putting them outside would kill them.

The worst ones are that ones that come through the plughole when you're brushing your teeth :(

We used to live in a house which had things called wolf spiders or something like that

Associate
its worse when you dont find/kill the big house spiders , as ive done , i think they go and breed and get bigger then they all comeout and eat your face and toes :p

Soldato
Worst is when you awake to a wasp in your room, and you don't know where it's gone and then you really can't sleep :/
That's when I nuke the room from orbit with fly spray, and wait until it should be dead :cool:

Back
Top Bottom