I HATE it when that happens

Soldato
lol I had a similar situation when I was little, just sleeping then something on my shoulder/corner of eye appears, one huge leg walking and another. I dont think Ive flown from my bed to the door as quick as I did that day lol, my dad caught it, it must have been about 2" and 4"-6" including legs.

You are crazy if you can sleep with something like that near you lol

Soldato
uhhhh.....

this thread gave me the shivers. :/

there is an opening by my bog, the other day i was doing business and i noticed a 3 inch mo-fo almost next to me.

You have never seen someone finnish the job and run out of a bathroom so quickly :(.

Associate
The worst is when I see one, but then lose track of it. I'm not so much afraid of spiders as I am afraid of having spiders crawl on me, just hate the thought of it! Probably can be traced back to a traumatic childhood event, got one down my back. It got up to my neck and I thought the label on my t-shirt had come loose, so I reached back and picked it up off the back of my neck. Looked at my hand to see a fat spider instead, I screamed and threw it to the floor! :p

I was only a wee lad of five! :(

Soldato
Haha. I woke up one morning and went into the bathroom and felt a tickling on the back of my neck, it felt like a hair or something so i scratched it and thought nothing more of it. I was then brushing my teeth while looking in the mirror and saw a massive spider on my shoulder looking at me in the reflection :eek: . I'm not scared of spiders at all and i pick massive spiders up all the time to rescue them. But this caught me off guard, i nearly had a heart attack lol. I mean at what point did it arrive on my shoulder from me getting out of bed and walking into the bathroom. Unless it had been sleeping on me all night :eek: .

Mark

Associate
Mark A said:
Haha. I woke up one morning and went into the bathroom and felt a tickling on the back of my neck, it felt like a hair or something so i scratched it and thought nothing more of it. I was then brushing my teeth while looking in the mirror and saw a massive spider on my shoulder looking at me in the reflection :eek: . I'm not scared of spiders at all and i pick massive spiders up all the time to rescue them. But this caught me off guard, i nearly had a heart attack lol. I mean at what point did it arrive on my shoulder from me getting out of bed and walking into the bathroom. Unless it had been sleeping on me all night :eek: .

Mark

:o

I don't mind spiders If Im awake and can see them, if im sleeping and I see one out the corner of eye I explode.

Soldato
We've had loads of huge spiders over the last few weeks. The dog would usually sort them out but she's away with my parents on holiday. I really don't like them but I try not to think about them and it usually works until I see one.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I hate spiders but so far I have been lucky enough to be awake when the big un's surface from under the skirting at ridiculous hours in the AM...

As for the stealth-operatives that probably scuttle in the night, well, I don't see them so they don't bother me :D

I too get that adrenaline rush you speak of.. its a bugger! :(

Soldato
Kerplunk said:
I kinda get paranoid when im on my PC at night, I dont have the light on just incase I see one, therefore sweating buckets in the dark and trying not to keep my feet on the ground. I get really paranoid that one huge mofo spider is on the floor.
Me too :o :(

Soldato
Mark A said:

Mark

HAHAHA! I nearly wet myself reading that!

Can just see it now, you look in the mirror and there's the spider looking back...

You: mnaar! :eek:
Spider: Morning.

SiriusB

Soldato
I had this 7 legged giant house spider run up in the bathroom right between my legs whilst I was taking a dump. I froze for like 30 seconds, untill it ran away into a hole in the wall; scariest 30 seconds in a long time.

That said I usually respect spiders as they don't bother me much, so I just chuck em outside or down the toilet. The worst are moths. I try not to go to the loo at night during the summer, but when I do theres almost always one waiting for the lights to switch on. But the thing is they don't even admire the lights, they just go ballistic and start attacking me! :(

Associate
Maargh, this thread reminded me of one of the scary incidents of my time asa very small person. Just been put to bed when I was 4 or 5 and woke up again after my Mum had left, opened my eyes to see this spider sitting a few inches from my face, on my pillow, silhoutted by the bedside lamp thing...

Never jumped out of bed so fast (rarely get out at all now, if possible :p)

Sadly, my Mumwas also terrified of spiders, and my Dad worked nights, so we locked the room and I went off to sleep in theirs, didn't want to go back any time soon.

this kindof thing makes me think maybe the particularly suicidal ones do choose to throw themselves in to our unsuspecting mouths..

Zip

Zip

Soldato
calnen said:
I thought you were going to pick up on why he has his eyes open when he's asleep. Confused me, anyway.
I didnt pick up on that :o

I just picked up on his fetish for spiders :p

My sister sleeps with her eyes open btw :eek:

Soldato
OP
Zip said:
My sister sleeps with her eyes open btw :eek:

Yeah, its creepy. When I come to bed late, my SO occasionally sits up and stares at me (stares 'through me', if you get that) even though she's asleep. Its very disturbing!

Back
Top Bottom