I hate Ryanair

Man of Honour
I dunno why anyone uses them - I usually fly with KLM as much as possible and a couple of similiar lines - I've rarely paid more than slightly over the ryan air prices by keeping an eye on online prices and buying at the right moment - get a well organised, professional, friendly service for less than 10% more.

Man of Honour
So if you live in an out of the way place you don't get mail delivered? If a letter is coming to you that's not exactly correctly addressed you simply don't get the letter?

Ryanair postal services would deliver the letters to a depot somewhere fairly close to your house (if you're lucky) and charge you an incorrect addressing fee.

2p for the stamp...but 25p in charges and it isn't actually delivered to your home anyway.

Soldato
I love Ryanair. When I was in Bournemouth studying I flew home with them ever couple of weeks for almost a year. Every single weekend it cost me less than 10 quid return. A tenner to get to Edinburgh and back, good times!

Man of Honour
I don't like 'em so I don't fly with them. Simples.

In fact I only fly cheap airlines if I have no choice vs cost & convenience.

I used to use planes as commuting transport, but now I'm back to using them for my holidays I expect slightly better quality and service.

Associate
I don't really get what point the documentary was trying to make.

A lot of my GF's family live in Scotland and fly down here using them. It's loads cheaper and quicker than using the train. We never bother checking a bag in and just have a cabin bag.

I've never used them to go anywhere further away though.

Associate
My experience with Ryanair has been good. My journey was kinda made poor from the scary stories from various people (including a ASDA personal working behind the till, who advices me about Ryanair when I bought some Europe plug converter). From the various advices, I avoided the checkin bagggage and got worried for hours about my hand luggage size and weight which is slightly above their limit. However when I was the counter, the staff didn't even bother to make a fuss about my hand luggage size. Not sure if I got lucky but I'll be taking the same bag next time I fly Ryanair.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Only used Ryan Air for a holiday once but that was four flights (Blackpool > Stanstead > oslo and back again). I'm never setting foot on a Ryan Air plane again - the rush to board is just insane - it's like traveling by bus.

I did the same journey later with BA - only £20 more and I got a reserved seat, sandwich and drink - a much more pleasant way to travel.

Associate
The thing is, they're not really harming anyone by existing. If you don't like them don't fly with them. When I was a student and I needed to visit family though they were a god-send, the market will always be there for dead cheap flights. I went on there expecting poor service but travelling many miles in a short space of time, and that's what I got!

Soldato
I dont see the problem. People just dont read the T&C's and get angry when they have to pay for something that they agreed to when making the booking.

If you just have hand-baggage, its a breeze. Just go to the airport, 45 min before departure, clear security, pay 3GBP!!! for express queing, get on the plane, sit where you want, and enjoy the flight. They have well trained pilots so you are very safe. They fly to lots of different places, but if you are flying more than 3 hours, i would travel with a more high end like BA, because the seats on RyanAir are a bit tight and uncomfortable, but most Economy seats are uncomfortable.

Soldato
Although in every case if people had done the research ahead of time there would be no problem.

Exactly. As far as i'm concerned, people can avoid 90% of these charges if they actually do some research.

I've always found Ryanair fine. It's an economy flight, i'm not expecting anything special. When i went to Berlin the other day, the price was £100 ish with one checked bag, i arrived at the airport an hour before with my printed boarding pass, checked my bag in and went through security within about 5 minutes.

Soldato
Really cannot see what people are crying about?

I have flown with Ryanair four times now and it has never been a problem, printed my boarding pass, turned up to the airport an hour before flying, only had hand luggage so just strolled through the security check in.

To the people crying about people rushing for seats, what the hell is the big deal? The plane doesn't take off instantly, there is no reason why you cannot just walk to the plane like a normal person and take the next available seat.

The prices from Ryanair are usually excellent, allowing me to fly from Scotland all over Europe for a price that can work out roughly the same as getting the train to anywhere in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom