I hate Ryanair

Commissario
If you want to see the other side of this, have a read of the letters between Ryan Air and Panarama here. It's a long read but it's interesting.

Also:

Speaking tonight after the broadcast of BBC Panorama Michael O'Leary said,

"Infamy, infamy - Panorama has it infamy!"

To celebrate the 11 false claims made by BBC Panorama Ryanair is releasing 1.1million FREE seats at midnight (12th Oct) on www.ryanair.com - where people can also see Michael O'Leary's full unedited Panorama interview outside Ryanair's AGM

Man of Honour
The simple solution to using Ryanair is to at least double the quoted fare which 'should' cover all the hidden charges...I've never flown with them but reading this thread it seems one of the charges is £5 to check-in online...er how else are you supposed to do it? Is that a blanket charge? A friend flew to Dublin for £1 recently and didn't pay anything more than that, I presume that was one of those uber-good special offers - I presume they had to pay airport taxes though.

Easyjet on the other hand are a brilliant airline - I've flown with them a few times and been impressed each time.

Soldato
To the people crying about people rushing for seats, what the hell is the big deal? The plane doesn't take off instantly, there is no reason why you cannot just walk to the plane like a normal person and take the next available seat.

People aren't rushing in fear of the aircraft taking off without them, they're rushing to get a good seat, together.

Most budget airlines are the same though, from a cost/quality perspective. I fly to Belfast, normally once a week alternating between BMI Baby and FlyBE. I can expect delays in some way every time I travel.

Soldato
People aren't rushing in fear of the aircraft taking off without them, they're rushing to get a good seat, together.

Most budget airlines are the same though, from a cost/quality perspective. I fly to Belfast, normally once a week alternating between BMI Baby and FlyBE. I can expect delays in some way every time I travel.

Yes I understand that, but you must agree it is just stupidity to rush on the aircraft like that "just to secure a seat together" It is very unlikely that you won't be able to sit beside your friend/partner on a flight and even if you cannot, most flights are short haul, it isn't a huge deal is it? Attacking Ryanair on this issue is ridiculous.

Soldato
Yes I understand that, but you must agree it is just stupidity to rush on the aircraft like that "just to secure a seat together"

No, I don't agree that's stupidity. You don't have to rush like a moron, just be clever where you position yourself on the bus to the aircraft.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

there is no reason why you cannot just walk to the plane like a normal person and take the next available seat.

It's a pita when you're a family of four though. That's why we fly with other airlines now.

But there we go - I made a choice - I'd rather pay the extra to get proper reserved seats and inflight snacks/meals and a better service.

I for one am glad Ryan Air exist, even though I choose not to use them. That way the less well off (or those that just want a cheap no frills flight) can use air travel as well and it keeps the price I pay with the likes of BA in check somewhat.

Soldato
Ive never had a problem with ryan air, never paid more than £20 for a return flight Belfasy to mainland uk and thats with all charges included. At the end of the day its cheap for a reason, if you want quality then dont fly with a budget airline... Funnily Ryanair is the best budget airline ive flown with, ive had no end of probelms with easyjet, flybe and flybmi so much so that i will try never to fly with them again

Man of Honour
And one other thing, if Virgin can run a rail franchise, it's about bloody time Ryan Air started running a rail franchise, may take it over from the **** that is First Great Western.

On yer bike! Could you imagine it - pay to get on board, pay to have a seat. Keep their hands off FGW. It might be bad, but it isn't even close to that bad.

I won't use Ryanair out of choice. It's not the level of service I want. If you want complete no frills then good luck to you.

The documentary was pointless. Didn't tell us anything we don't already know and gave Mr. O'Leary a very nice platform - he walked all over the journalist as he often does.

Soldato
We flew with ryanair once, back in 2006.

Return flights to switzerland for 3 people, only paid about £50 total.

Got what we paid for with no problems at all. Will fly again.

Man of Honour
It's a pita when you're a family of four though. That's why we fly with other airlines now.

But there we go - I made a choice - I'd rather pay the extra to get proper reserved seats and inflight snacks/meals and a better service.
Surely the cost of paying for priority boarding (iirc £3/person/flight) is less than the cost of paying the higher prices of other airlines?

Associate
haven't got a problem with them at all, just take a small bag or rucksack to avoid paying for bags, it's not like you're gonna go on a fortnights holiday with them, they are usually there for short breaks.

Don't have to wait in a queue any longer than any other airline. Think the priority boarding thing is a waste of time, just for impatient people.

They only fly short distances, can you not go without a sandwich or a drink for an hour or two. Take some sandwiches to the airport and eat before you board.

They are usually on time and the aircraft are usually clean and modern. Don't understand the problem.

Associate
Used them once, luggage went AWOL.

Never again.

Plus the guy who runs it is a grade A ***** ******* ****** ****.

Doubt it was actually ryan air who lost your luggage. Most likely the airport cargo handlers , they just throw all the bags onto open top wagons and they fall off between the plane and terminal.

I have seen bags just fall off the wagons and get left many a time. They really don't care.

Associate
Another good reason to just take a small bag with you on board. Do you really need 5 pairs of shoes, 6 pairs of jeans, 5 sweaters etc for a weekend in Prague/Dublin??

Back
Top Bottom