I hate Ryanair

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Why though? What are you afraid of exactly? It's a mode of transport that gets you from one place to another far, far away in a short space of time. You get a seat to sit in and everything.....
Why pay £200 more just so that you get to pick which (identical) seat to sit on and get a free sandwich and a can of coke?

It's not £200 extra though is it? And identical flight with BA cost me For that a shade over £20 extra.

For that £20 extra I got:-

1: Online check in where I could choose and reserve my seat.
2: Orderly, civilised boarding - not like the cattle market that is Ryanair boarding.
3: Sandwich, crisps and a drink served in a polite manner.
4: Newspapers at the gate area.
5: I could take a decent sized bag without paying extra.

Well worth £20 imo. Well worth £60 even just to avoid the rugby scrum on boarding.

Caporegime
Actually, thats the other thing that really gets me with Ryanair, they say they are (f)lying into a city airport which in fact is not the case, it's an airport 20-50 miles away. Easyjet on the other hand show the actual airport you fly to.

Having said that they seem to have changed that recently as well, they used to only fly to "Barcelona" which in fact was Reims (around 20 miles up the coast), but now apparently they fly to both...

Man of Honour
Sorry but I just can't agree with the Ryanair bashers in this thread. I don't personally like their business model of "charge and itemise everything seperately" but there is nothing underhand about it.

All Ryanair flights CLEARLY show the airport you are flying to. They use the IATA code for the airport so it is never wrong. Don't forget we have Luton, Heathrow, Stansted and Gatwick which are all officially "London" airports which we all know is not exactly true. Nothing to do with the airline though! Book a flight with BA to Stansted and it will be to London Stansted which is a good distance from London.

All extra costs are displayed clearly, I have always done my check in online and flown with hand luggage only so no issues there, if I need to take bags I know I will have to pay extra. I do think charging for Debit card is a little bizarre though, particularly when they do it per flight sector.

Soldato
All extra costs are displayed clearly, I have always done my check in online and flown with hand luggage only so no issues there, if I need to take bags I know I will have to pay extra. I do think charging for Debit card is a little bizarre though, particularly when they do it per flight sector.

I don't understand the pre-occupation Ryanair have with Visa Electron. It's not widely accepted in the UK (eg DSG didn't accept them when I worked there), and it's only commonly issued with a no-frills basic account.

The £5 flat fee per seat for Debit cards is in my opinion a poor implementation. The fee for a large retailer is typically 1.5%, so why not impose that. Other companies such as local travel agents and computer shops have been operating percentage credit card fees for years.

Back
Top Bottom