I hate waiting on deliveries

Soldato
i have clart on with deliveries too... as im hardly in.. and my mam is always out...

the dog is no good.

and the neighbours are always on holiday, so he has to leave it at any random house near me or taking it to the depot without leaving me a card.

one time two days after it was delivered a neighbour comes up and says "i have something for you"

i didnt even know it was delivered.. no card or anything, so now i dont have it on the date i have to phone them up all the time to let them know what to do, or to find out when its coming.

its an inconvenience..and dont get me started on the times i tried to help and arrange to be in..... what happens.. it doesnt come... so its a whole day wasted. flaming hate it.

Soldato
lemonkettaz said:
one time two days after it was delivered a neighbour comes up and says "i have something for you"

i didnt even know it was delivered.. no card or anything

dont get me started on this! our neighbours have had stuff at their place all the time as our royal mail postie cant get it through our letter box and if we're not in he leaves it there without a note to us at all!

we had the postie leave us stuff for our next door neighbours at uni once, didnt even let them know we had it - was a laptop aswell, we could have kept that as it was not a recorded post it was just first class. his word against ours whether it was given to us. next door were greatful we gave it to them though.

Associate
What i find even worse is when i finally get the delivery of new pc parts, but i cant put them together right away because i have work or something. So you spend the whole time working out what to do first etc until you finally get home :p

Soldato
OP
rofl

glad im not the only one then, im 28, and when its new toy time it still gets me excited lol.

missus just takes the mick then asks how much did that lot cost lol.

I just give her an idiotic grin an get on with playing lol

:D

so decisions, do i take the risk and go get the k800i which is waiting at royal mail. or do i wait in till city link deliver. I dont know what time they deliver around here as i have just moved to maidenhead.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had to chase after our postie once, in my car, I was in, he didn't even attempt to knock to the door just put the card through, he was very surprised when he stopped to see me in my Car waving the card at him.

City link are pretty good round here, if I'm not home then he leaves it with the lady down the road or the people in the house next door :)

Soldato
i wish there was an option just to post it at my local post depot...

it makes it more easier for me because i dont have to worry about it getting half inched round here...

or try and stay in all day watching day tv.... jesus christ!

Soldato
OP
well got all my bits,

looked online at the tracking at 7am this morning, saw my bits were at the depot so called and asked if i could collect lol.

wonder if i should have asked them for a refund as i was doing part of their job :D

Associate
xyphic said:
The thing I hate is when you get something saying it'll be delivered between 8am and 6pm. So you get up early and spend most of the day staring out of the window just in case you miss the van. You're reluctant to go to the toilet or pop down to the shop, just in case. It's psychological torture!
That's the situation I'm in precisely at this moment - one of wifey's purchases was supposed to be delivered by TNT on Thursday, so I worked at home that day, only to then find that it didn't turn up. They tried again yesterday when we were both at work and left a card - she phoned them and they're coming this morning. She's still sound asleep of course - one of the benefits of having a husband who's an insomniac at weekends ...

xyphic said:
I hate being in the house but not getting to the frigging door intime just to see the Van drive off and that annoying card sticking out of the letterbox.

Yep, has happened more than once ...

PikeyPriest said:
Im about to order a new conroe setup (entire box basically) and new monitor. As always i will be excited all day until it gets here

I`m 21 now and it hasnt changed since i was 12, so i dont think i will ever be able to be calm!!

Whether it's a PC part, game or a book from that well-known website, I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas Day and I'm 37 next month FFS :D

Soldato
I used to be like this but now I just try to forget about it. I can never get an item delivered without some problem. All the curriers say my house does not exist when it's been here for 40 odd years! :mad: The way they get on you'd think I lived in the back end of nowhere when infact I live on the main road out of Belfast. So everything I order I have to prepare myself for endless phone calls chasing up my goods and eventually sit on the phone to the driver giving him directions to my house. The annoying thing is that the online status is always 'driver attempted delivery but nobody was home, a delivery card has been left' and of course no such attempt has been made! There's is ALWAYS someone in my house so I know they didn't try. I've lost count of the amount of times things have been sent back to the supplier because of this.

Associate
I always feel bad accepting a delivery. I don't know why, but I always feel like the delivery driver thinks I am some kind of lazy scummer blowing my benefits on stuff I can't afford while he is out all day trying to earn a crust!!!

(Note: I am not a lazy scummer living off benefits!!)

Associate
jim5000 said:
I always feel bad accepting a delivery. I don't know why, but I always feel like the delivery driver thinks I am some kind of lazy scummer blowing my benefits on stuff I can't afford while he is out all day trying to earn a crust!!!

(Note: I am not a lazy scummer living off benefits!!)

ha ha yeah, i totally agree. I always sit around in my boxers until he arrives as well. I must look like such a tramp sitting around my house all day waiting for a delivery. oh well.

Soldato
get everything sent to work, 24/7 security no chance of getting a card :p

Helps to get lots of work parcels aswell though!

Man of Honour
Im the same its like christmas all year round i usually struggle to sleep the night before as well lol, anyone know if tesco are good at delivering within the time slot you give them as i decided it would be easier and cheaper to order a load of alcohol for a small gathering from them and im hoping itl be here on tuesday

Associate
alucks said:
ha ha yeah, i totally agree. I always sit around in my boxers until he arrives as well. I must look like such a tramp sitting around my house all day waiting for a delivery. oh well.
LMAO! Me too I'm exactly like that. Hair all over etc. The delivery guy is probably like wtf.

I have sometimes had the same delivery guy when ordering from ocuk :p

Soldato
lol - I'm exactly the same.

I was on the loo the other day and expecting a delivery of my ipod in a few days from HK. Anyway, a truck turned up and I heard my mum at the door.

"Are you *muffle* Swords"

"No sorry" (sarcasm)

"hehe okay then"

"Thanks"

*van drives off*

I was so exctied I nearly fell off the pan - "MUUUUUUMMMM, WAS THAT FOR ME?!?!"

"nope, it's work stuff".

I was then so gutted that I actually went all stroppy and muttered to myself about stupid amtrak blah blah.

Anyway, 3 days after it was sent it arrived from HK :)

Got the little note saying it was at the depot and it closed at 4pm - looked at my watch...3.56pm!

:o I drove as fast as my little car would legally get me in to town and picked it up.

I then had the agonising wait as it charges up for the first time and you check back every ten minutes hoping the red light has changed to green!!

Back
Top Bottom