I just got my birthday money and I need some help building a PC

Associate
I'm somewhat new to building and researching PC parts online. I have a budget of up to £2000 that I'm willing to use on a PC, although the less I can spent the better.

I want to make a good PC (using Overclockers website, since I have no experience building) a good PC that can be upgraded in the future. Looking to have a NVME.E for the OS to boot it quickly and for games and 32 Ram

I'm super inexperienced when it comes to motherboards and cases, at least for future upgrades.

Probably gonna settle on a 2070 super, and I look to upgrade that in the future.

New to liquid cooling and don't know a lot about it or how it is even maintained.

Can anyone help me build a PC, or give me some examples of what I should look for?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...D3)V@bIIE3)VXbIIF3)X~bKDj3!89bNem3-!@bQtR3x64

This is my W.I.P so far, is this a good value? Or could I make it cheaper and better

Not concerned with peripherals (keyboard, mouse, monitor)

Want to future proof as much as I can, so I can use this over a ps5/xbox

Doesn't need to be this config. Just something good.

Associate
Don't buy anything yet.

We've got new GPUs from AMD and Nvidia and new CPUs from AMD. If you want a pre-built system then just wait until pre-builts using these new cards and CPUs are available.

You wil be able to get a better system for your £2k soon.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm somewhat new to building and researching PC parts online. I have a budget of up to £2000 that I'm willing to use on a PC, although the less I can spent the better.

I want to make a good PC (using Overclockers website, since I have no experience building) a good PC that can be upgraded in the future. Looking to have a NVME.E for the OS to boot it quickly and for games and 32 Ram

I'm super inexperienced when it comes to motherboards and cases, at least for future upgrades.

Probably gonna settle on a 2070 super, and I look to upgrade that in the future.

New to liquid cooling and don't know a lot about it or how it is even maintained.

Can anyone help me build a PC, or give me some examples of what I should look for?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...D3)V@bIIE3)VXbIIF3)X~bKDj3!89bNem3-!@bQtR3x64

This is my W.I.P so far, is this a good value? Or could I make it cheaper and better

Not concerned with peripherals (keyboard, mouse, monitor)

Want to future proof as much as I can, so I can use this over a ps5/xbox

Doesn't need to be this config. Just something good.

happy to take a stab at building it yourself to save cash ?

Soldato
Don't buy anything yet.

We've got new GPUs from AMD and Nvidia and new CPUs from AMD. If you want a pre-built system then just wait until pre-builts using these new cards and CPUs are available.

You wil be able to get a better system for your £2k soon.
This. Hold off for a few weeks.

Also, what monitor do you have/will buy as this will impact your graphics card choice etc.

Soldato
If you can hold , great. But you'll be on hold a little longer as no doubt RX stocks will run out much the same as Nvidia . Catch 22 ! Queue up now and pay a lot, or queue up on launch and pay a little less... Until that price rises.

But 2k budget , you can put ps5 /Xbox to shame .

And should be concerned with monitor ! Should be running 1440p 144hx at least ! Or 240hz plus at 1080p e-sports

Back
Top Bottom