I need a new desk

Soldato
Just added a pair of Alex drawers as well

IMG-20200925-192814.jpg

Soldato
do you find 620 deep enough? ill be going from 1.2m x 800 to a bench spanning 2.9m wide to accommodate my gaming setup and wfh gear

Soldato
OP
Also make sure you pre-drill the screw holes.

Oh yes, very good spot. What length of screws did you use?

do you find 620 deep enough?

I will have my monitors mounted on arms, not the huge stands with which they come. That saves a lot of depth: the arms only require 10 cm.

The angle iron has just arrived and it seems I also need to buy washers as the holes are so large. Off to B&Q and / or Screwfix this afternoon!

Permabanned
No offence but that looks exactly like it is, ie homemade (I nearly went that route).

My desk is 800mm deep, my case would not fit on a desk only 620mm deep, you can get same desk with a kind of curve/wave at either L or R side to make it even deeper (1000mm) at that part where PC case would be (hope that was explained well enough),

Permabanned
Most I seen here use the units as the legs/base and if really long add a metal leg in centre.

I know IKEA actually do it in a kit but not as thick/non honeycombed like a kitchen worktop.

Soldato
OP
So the old desk is out and the new one in. Only I forgot to wax it. So there's nothing on it right now apart from half a pot of beeswax polish.

Soldato
OP
The desk is in and my monitors are set up. I still have cable management to finish. With so many cables - I have three monitors - it's a right sod. It's strange having to slide over to game on my 4k monitor when previously I just had to turn around, but I'm mainly playing Star Wars Squadrons on my 3440x1440 monitor, though the 4k monitor may be better for the Tie fighters. One thing I do want to do is round off the front edge of the desk. Any tips?

The monitors take up about 10cm of desk space apart from the one I have at an angle and that can be pushed back. That leaves about 50cm and my eyes are a further 10 cm or so away, so I'm viewing the screens from around 60 cm - just under two feet.

Back
Top Bottom