I need help with getting a new cpu for under $400 but better than mine

Associate
my computer specs are.
.Intel(R) core(TM) I5-7400 CPU 3.00 HZ
.NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 3GB
.8GB RAM
.DEFAULT STRING X.X
.5 fans
I would preferably want a new CPU that has a black Friday sale but i don't wanna substitute quality for a cheep CPU. If possible i want a CPU that is better than mine for ether a bit under 400 or a bit more. I also need more ram so if you could find affordable ram 12 or more will do. My computer is used for gaming i ain't sure what case i have. Thanks for helping me out.

Last edited:
Soldato
Which motherboard do you have? Or do you have a pre-built system?

Is this for games or for work? If you're gaming then you'll get more for your money with a new GPU. You're probably looking at replacement of CPU, RAM, and motherboard.

Assuming you have an ATX case, here's erring on the cheap side:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £277.43 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

I was unable to find any reviews of that motherboard, but the above package does leave you £120 to put towards a better graphics card.

Associate
hi.

I have access to unlimited free power. I would like to get a budget mining gig for around 100 - 200 usd (I live in the UK). Given the current GPU shortage I would prefer to make a randomX cpu mining rig but gpu rigs are equally as accepted. as I mentioned this thing could draw 10 thousand watts and I wouldn't care because power is free for me so don't worry about power consumption in your suggestions. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

Soldato
hi.

I have access to unlimited free power. I would like to get a budget mining gig for around 100 - 200 usd (I live in the UK). Given the current GPU shortage I would prefer to make a randomX cpu mining rig but gpu rigs are equally as accepted. as I mentioned this thing could draw 10 thousand watts and I wouldn't care because power is free for me so don't worry about power consumption in your suggestions. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

Maybe start your own thread instead of just random posting in someone elses made last year thats not even on the same topic, then i would up your budget you'll get nothing for 100-200 $ and if your in the UK why arent you using £. If power is free , then i would sell it back to the national grid... unless you cant because the power isnt yours to sell in the first place ^^

Back
Top Bottom