I need help with skype upgrade

Associate
im getting error code 1603 and 2203 when trying to upgrade skype or install any software can anyone giver me a hint of what i need to do to solve the problem, i cant do windows updates either as they crash while restarting

Associate
Seems like you lost permissions to your temporary folder which is used during installations and setups. Check below to make sure you have access to temporary folder.
  1. Click Start or just type %temp% in the search box, and then press Enter to see the default temporary folder.
  2. In the address bar (at the top of the window), click the folder to the left of Temp (it is named "Local" by default).
  3. In the folder list, right-click the Temp folder, and then select Properties.
  4. Click the Security tab, check if system / Username / Administrators have full access to this folder.
  5. If not click on Edit.
  6. Select your username add give full control or Click Add.
  7. Type your username, and then click Check Names. "Username" should now be underlined.
  8. Select Full Control under Allow, and then keep clicking OK to exit all windows

Soldato
have you considered getting rid of skype ?
their packages are expensive, I binned them and use localphone plus x-lite soft-ip phone, great payg

Back
Top Bottom