I need to vent about my experience with an LG monitor.

Soldato
Update Below

The purpose of this thread is to simply vent :p

In June, I got myself a 27GL850. Due to moving and issues with my PC, it wasn't until August I was able to first turn it on.

On 15th of September, it wouldn't turn on anymore. I got in touch with OCUK that day about getting it repaired, but was handed over to LG since OCUK don't deal with LG monitor repairs. LG advised they don't repair that model in the UK, and handed me back to OCUK. Rinse and repeat for a couple of weeks. LG finally gave in :)

On 14th of October, it was collected by LG, and I heard nothing from them until yesterday when I rang asking for an update. They weren't sure where the monitor was.

I got a notification this morning to say the monitor was being delivered today by DPD. Since I'm at work, my super cool housemate offered to take delivery.

I got a text from him this afternoon to say that he had to refuse the delivery, since the box had been poorly treated in transit and was heavily damaged. Furthermore, there was a label on the box saying "damaged". He sent me photos of this.

I just rang LG, and they advised that I should have accepted the delivery, and they will now launch an investigation which should take 5-7 working days.

I haven't a clue what to do at this point, other than just wait. I haven't even had the chance to play a game on the monitor yet :(

Original contact: 15th September. Warranty fix rejected - asked to speak to LG. LG rejected, as model isn't available for repair, got back in touch with OCUK.

DPD return started 22nd September.

By 3rd October, monitor still not collected. Got back in contact with LG, who accepted return. Monitor collected 14th October.

12th November, LG contacted due to no updates. Monitor delivered back on 13th broken, rejected delivery.

LG contacted 13th November. Investigation started. LG Contacted 20th of November, no investigation started, new investigation.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The purpose of this thread is to simply vent :p

In June, I got myself a 27GL850. Due to moving and issues with my PC, it wasn't until August I was able to first turn it on.

On 15th of September, it wouldn't turn on anymore. I got in touch with OCUK that day about getting it repaired, but was handed over to LG since OCUK don't deal with LG monitor repairs. LG advised they don't repair that model in the UK, and handed me back to OCUK. Rinse and repeat for a couple of weeks. LG finally gave in :)

On 14th of October, it was collected by LG, and I heard nothing from them until yesterday when I rang asking for an update. They weren't sure where the monitor was.

I got a notification this morning to say the monitor was being delivered today by DPD. Since I'm at work, my super cool housemate offered to take delivery.

I got a text from him this afternoon to say that he had to refuse the delivery, since the box had been poorly treated in transit and was heavily damaged. Furthermore, there was a label on the box saying "damaged". He sent me photos of this.

I just rang LG, and they advised that I should have accepted the delivery, and they will now launch an investigation which should take 5-7 working days.

I haven't a clue what to do at this point, other than just wait. I haven't even had the chance to play a game on the monitor yet :(

Aren't the shop supposed to deal with it within the first year?

Or is that only for certain items?

Soldato
OP
Aren't the shop supposed to deal with it within the first year?

Or is that only for certain items?

I have to be careful with what I say but yes, OC should have dealt with it :)

May I add: legally, under consumer law. During the back and forward, they agreed to act as a middle man between me and LG but wouldn't take any responsibility for the repair.

I'm not conveying any opinion on what is/isn't fair, just stating facts :)

Soldato
My understanding is that it should have been returned to the retailer, your relationship being with the retailer rather than the manufacturer in the first instance.

Soldato

May I add: legally, under consumer law. During the back and forward, they agreed to act as a middle man between me and LG but wouldn't take any responsibility for the repair.

No, you don't need to be careful with what you say. I'd get in touch with OcUK and state this and see what their response is

Caporegime

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Do you have a spare or a cheap one you could pick up in the mean time?

Also I wonder how it works in terms of being without a monitor for so long? Have they given a timeframe for repair or a replacement? Surely they can't just drag it out forever? I'd keep on top of them

Associate
As far as I am aware if you accept the delivery, you accept the goods in the condition they're delivered. So I think your housemate was correct.

I ordered an expensive mattress on line a few weeks ago. The seller said that unless I could open and view the mattress to confirm it was NOT damaged I should sign the delivery note to say that it was damaged, which I did. They stated that unless I did so and the mattress was damaged it would be difficult to proceed further. As such it wasn't damaged.

What would have been the OP's position if his (kind) neighbour had signed for a pristine box but on opening the box the monitor was damaged?

Caporegime
No, you don't need to be careful with what you say. I'd get in touch with OcUK and state this and see what their response is

He probably does as this is just a thread in GD to moan about LG - if it starts becoming about the shop and what they should/shouldn't have done then there is a private forum for that.

@OP I think your flatmate was absolutely right to refuse a damage package, it's silly of LG to say otherwise as otherwise you'd be faffing about trying to arrange yet another courier collection.

It does seem ridiculous that massive companies like that can't keep track of these things. This is one reason why I'm so glad to just stick with Apple for laptops at least - everything is just so easy to deal with/take care of - you get in contact with CS, you have the option of going into a store or sending it... they send out a box to you, drop it at a UPS drop off point.. it's in Czech Republic the next day and that evening it's on it's way back after being repaired... it's basically a 48 hour turnaround(afternoon day 1 to afternoon day 3) from dropping it at a shop for pickup to getting it back via courier.

Don
This has been previously posted within the forum but this was just to vent about LG, not OCUK :)

My point was that if you wish to involve OcUK to resolve your issue asap, it's best to post in the customer service/shop forum.

If this thread's main reason for being is discussing how to refuse delivery and best steps to take next etc.. then no worries.

Soldato
I had a nightmare with LG for a repair on both a fridge and a monitor a few years back so never touched them again. Got my lad a HP27FW and it developed a black patch after 6 months HP to give them props where amazing 48hour doorstep swap for a brand new boxed monitor did not even need to see the receipt was pleasantly surprised. The monitor is good as well. Just thought I would share a positive about them as they get a slagging allot so might be worth looking into them for future needs.

Soldato
OP
I had a nightmare with LG for a repair on both a fridge and a monitor a few years back so never touched them again. Got my lad a HP27FW and it developed a black patch after 6 months HP to give them props where amazing 48hour doorstep swap for a brand new boxed monitor did not even need to see the receipt was pleasantly surprised. The monitor is good as well. Just thought I would share a positive about them as they get a slagging allot so might be worth looking into them for future needs.

Only reason I gave into having LG handle it is because I was advised they would do an on the door swap but alas, they didn't :/

Back
Top Bottom