1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I have a driver issue

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by hellboy, 27 Jan 2006.

1. hellboy

Associate

I think i have a driver problem with my graphics card (X8500XT ) however I have tried a number of different catalyst versions including the latest issue
    plus various mod drivers such as omega.
    The problem i have is that every game I try and run just freeze during the opening video sequence and my system then locks up.
    I have run just about everything I can think of to see if anything else could be causing the problem but nothing comes up.(ie:pcdocpro & reg mechanic)
    My sytem runs fine apart from this and my daughter tells me quite often it
    freezes when she uses MSN. Any Ideas Guys?

My Rig is: AMD 64 3500 - Abit NV8 Board - 1GB Corsair pro 2 x 512 matched DDR 400 - Saphire X8500XT Video card - Harddrives 36GB Western Raptor Sata & Maxtor 160GB Sata:- 650W power supply.Running XP Home + SP2

2. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

I think you have a posting in the right forum issue. Try graphics cards, just up the page.

3. hellboy

Associate

Thanks, I started here because Im not certain the graphics drivers are the problem clutching at straws a bit

4. Hybrids

Hitman

this section of the forums is about life etc, if yours not sure put it in general hardware

5. Visage

PermaBanned

Well, unless your graphics problems are caused by asylum seekers, the EU or muslims, you're still in the wrong place....

6. RaohNS

Sgarrista

here here

>| Raoh |<

7. hellboy

Associate

Just realized, thanks again.

8. Werewolf

Commissario

moved :)

/is fairly used to moving sound card and hifi queries out of SC but this may be a first ;)

9. cleanbluesky

Capodecina

Such a shame, I wanted the obligatory quip.

You are also welcome to post here if you think that your graphics problems are caused by the 'OcUK mob' of racists, or if you think we are at fault for imagining that there is a problem (with your card) in the first place, or if you just like taking sides for the sake of it...

10. sunlitsix

Capodecina

what make is the psu and is anything overclocked?

11. tbz_ck

Mobster

On topic, what he ssid ^^^^ and try running your PC with the case side panel OFF. If it stops crashing it may be a temperature issue. You could also try hoovering out the dust from inside your PC case (+ fans) Better than hoovering is canned compressed air. Blow that around the fans and heatsinks and get ready to cough !! :D

If it is temperature related, try installing additional (or better larger) case fans. Also consider aftermarket GPU coolers from Zalman or Artic Cooling.

HTH

12. dale1uk

Wise Guy

you got any way of trying a different card in your pc to rule out the card itself or try yours in another system??
    The 650w psu, is it gold and made by Q-tec by any chance??

13. Scania

Capodecina

To some of us here, Graphics cards (and fps figures) are life! :p :D