1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I've broke my camera

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by sjt269, 13 May 2006.

1. sjt269

Wise Guy

Just when I was starting to really get into photography, too. :o

It's a Fuji Finepix A210, and it takes XD memory cards. The problem with them is that they've suddenly stopped staying in the camera. They used to just push in and stay, then to release them, you push them in again and they pot out. But now it feels like whatever sort of catch holds onto the card is no more, and the card just comes right back out again. Shutting the cover bit doesn't help either, as it doesnt hold the card in the right position.

Is it dead, or do I have some hope of saving it? Short of taking it apart, that is. :o

Thanks
    tTz

2. robertgilbert86

Wise Guy

Do you have any warrenty or insurence?

Maybe to quick fix-put something on top of the card (the end pointing out of the camera) then maybe the flap will push in down into place

Last edited: 14 May 2006
  3. sjt269

Wise Guy

It's just out of warranty. :(

Seems to be working every now and then now, had a bit of a fiddle with it, stuck a needle into the card slot. Must have knocked something back into place, the card does now stay in. But only sometimes, and who knows how long this will last? :o

4. tommy6206

Hitman

Time for an upgrade then.. :D

5. Gungnir

Gangster

Sounds likes it's a bit jammed with muck/dust, give the slot a blast with compressed air and wiggle the catch.

A210's got for £25 - £30 S/H on auction sites so I wouldn't worry too much, just get another one if it's knacked.

6. sjt269

Wise Guy

Heh, I wish I had the money. Saving every last penny for another guitar first...then another amp, a new keyboard, as many airsoft guns as it is possible to fit in this house, then another few guitars...:p

I have expensive hobbies. :D

I didn't realise they were so cheap, thanks for telling me. I'll keep that in mind in case it stops working completely. :)

7. Joe T

Capodecina

Digi cams are so disposable these days. Kinda sad really.

8. sjt269

Wise Guy

Well I'm fairly sure this one cost around £150 when I got it...which was a little over 2 years ago. :o