i think i've solved the fat problem

Soldato
OP
I don't think a bit of jumping will take much fat off a cat. Cats are built for jumping and clambering.

the jumping isn't what drops the fat, not being able to get the food is.

it means we can keep the one cat's food bowl filled how he likes it but still prevent the others from gorging themselves.

it's not their fault, they've had pretty rough lives and over-eating is one of the less weird habits they've brought with them.

Associate
This thread is full of brilliant ideas, when i am boss of the world (withing 6 month... put it in your diaries peasants) i might use some of these ideas, i will credit you chaps accordingly of course - who wants the one for tubby termination?

Soldato
OP
This thread is full of brilliant ideas, when i am boss of the world (withing 6 month... put it in your diaries peasants) i might use some of these ideas, i will credit you chaps accordingly of course - who wants the one for tubby termination?

aside from the extermination of fat people, what are your other policies?

because if you're for the compulsory serving of asparagus at breakfast, free corsets for the under 5's and the abolition of slavery then you sir have my vote!

Associate
Hmm i will get back to you on the asparagus item.... it is such a decisive problem i might have to have a referendum on it.. Could we negotiate a lunch time cut off for it instead? That would pass with ease.

Soldato
It would help if the food regulators started regulating the foods we eat, especially the cheap mass produced foods.

For example if you buy those diet meals the amount of sugar they have in them is staggering.

These regulator jobs are the best in the world as none of them seem to do much!

Associate
Said every fatty ever!

Simple, it places an increased strain on already limited resources. They take up additional space inconveniencing others (transport, shop aisles, even pavements). I generally find they smell unpleasant too.

Add to that the strain on the already stretched NHS that it causes, along with other poor life choices like smoking and drinking. Lets also not forget the ''i can't work because i'm disabled, i'm disabled because i'm fat''.

Soldato
the problem with the OPs idea is that soon after we move all restaurants to the top of a climbing wall the market will be saturated with "wall climbing assistance" products in various different guises.

the same goes for pretty much any idea in this thread, as soon as you start making it difficult for (us) fatties to get a dirty food fix, ways and means around your prevention techniques will be developed quickly.

don't interfere with peoples ability to get fast food, the lengths they will go to are beyond what you think they are.
You heard about the person that dialed 999 when KFC were closed didn't you ?

Soldato
OP
Hmm i will get back to you on the asparagus item.... it is such a decisive problem i might have to have a referendum on it.. Could we negotiate a lunch time cut off for it instead? That would pass with ease.

you mean banning the serving of asparagus after lunch?

i guess that could work, as long as it's still served at breakfast.

Associate
you mean banning the serving of asparagus after lunch?

i guess that could work, as long as it's still served at breakfast.

Gonna have to take that to a referendum and several High court rulings tbh its far to much of a decisive idea.
In the meantime can we agree on allowing Guinness to be served anytime during the day and bread only to be eaten with some sort of spread?

Soldato
OP
Gonna have to take that to a referendum and several High court rulings tbh its far to much of a decisive idea.
In the meantime can we agree on allowing Guinness to be served anytime during the day and bread only to be eaten with some sort of spread?

hmm, i'm down with the guinness idea, when you say spread what are we talking here? like only things like butter/nutella/jam or do sauces count?

Associate
Recent TV science (the most accurate type ;) ) seems to suggest being fat has more to do with the bacteria in your gut than your genes. You either need to change your diet to be varied and not much of what you currently eat in order to encourage different bacteria in, or do a poop-swap with a thin person. It might work for cats too if you're in to that kind of thing.

Associate
It is indeed about your genes, if you have a really tight belt and tight genes then all the fatt will be unable to get down to your ass and legs leaving you with a pot belly.
Loose genes and it allows your tubbyness to spread itself out.

I might be receiving a nobel prize for this wonderous insight into the way fat folk are fat... :p

Permabanned
ok, so crazy idea bad pitch.....

so we've recently acquired 2 new cats in our household on top of our existing resident. the previous resident is young and healthy, and pretty normal.

however the 2 newcomers are ex laboratory cats, so they've been used to being stuck in a cage with a daily feeding ritual and not much else.

so they can't regulate their eating, so you need to give them servings, but the previous cat is used to just having a full bowl and eating when he wants (and he can maintain a healthy weight)

our solution is his food bowl is now up on a shelf that only he can jump up to, bit unconventional but it works, and this is where my idea comes from- why not do this to humans?

instead of sugar tax or whatever, just make all fast food restaurants have a physical challenge as an entry barrier, like say a rock climbing wall, if you're fit enough to climb the wall and carry your food down you can have it, but if your too fat it'll stop you, same goes for supermarkets.

so gd, genius or madness?

Good for animals not good for humans lol. I could just imagine this now a wall to get to McDonalds. No chance.

Soldato
Being poor is generally not a lifestyle decision. Being fat is.

Really, have you read the “I want to be minted” thread? Do you suppose that person is rare, some are in that position because they continually make very poor life choices? Obviously not all of the poor are in that position from their own making but some certainly are

Caporegime
Really, have you read the “I want to be minted” thread? Do you suppose that person is rare or that some are in that position because they continually make very poor life choices? Obviously not all of the poor are in that position from their own making but some certainly are

But how does that increase the strain on limited resources such as the NHS? Being poor doesn't mean you require having more spent on you in terms of healthcare. Being obese does. The medical evidence to show it is overwhelming.

Soldato
But how does that increase the strain on limited resources such as the NHS? Being poor doesn't mean you require having more spent on you in terms of healthcare. Being obese does. The medical evidence to show it is overwhelming.

Because the poor costs society more, are less likely to be healthy as they can’t afford gym membership, or eat as healthily etc. The NHS isn’t the only area where people cost money and stretch funding which can go elsewhere like the NHS

Back
Top Bottom