i think i've solved the fat problem

Caporegime
Because the poor costs society more, are less likely to be healthy as they can’t afford gym membership, or eat as healthily etc. The NHS isn’t the only area where people cost money and stretch funding which can go elsewhere.

You need a gym membership to be healthy? :confused:

Crap, what have I been doing then? I certainly don't have a gym membership! I must be a huge drain on the NHS. Or...you know...walking is free. Running is free. A controlled diet is free. Eating healthily is also cheap. The myth that it's expensive has been repeatedly busted. Unhealthy convenience foods cost more than freshly prepared healthy meals.

Soldato
Where did I say that? I was implying people that have money are more likely to make healthier choices which is why wealthier people generally live longer than poor people, which many studies have shown

Caporegime
Where did I say that? I was implying people that have money are more likely to make healthier choices which is why wealthier people generally live longer than poor people, which many studies have shown

In the quote - it's literally there in blue and white.

Because the poor costs society more, are less likely to be healthy as they can’t afford gym membership, or eat as healthily etc.

See, there it is again.

Caporegime
And I say again, wealthy people are more likely to make healthier choices than poor people as studies have shown which is why they tend to live longer.

So to go back to your quote...

Because the poor costs society more, are less likely to be healthy as they can’t afford gym membership, or eat as healthily etc.

What are the likely outcomes from lack of exercise and poor diet?

Hmm?

Perhaps...obesity?

https://www.nhs.uk/news/obesity/obesity-now-a-leading-cause-of-death-especially-in-men/

Being poor does not mean you will make poor diet choices, lack exercise etc. Being obese means you already made those crap choices and they are purely that, choices.

Soldato
What are the likely outcomes from lack of exercise and poor diet?

Hmm?

Perhaps...obesity?

https://www.nhs.uk/news/obesity/obesity-now-a-leading-cause-of-death-especially-in-men/

Being poor does not mean you will make poor diet choices, lack exercise etc. Being obese means you already made those crap choices and they are purely that, choices.

No being poor doesn’t instantly mean you will make poor diet choices or have lack of excercise but it is more likely. You can ignore repeated studies on the subject if you like. That and the fact it costs society more money which could otherwise be spent on the NHS or other stretched services.

Caporegime
No being poor doesn’t mean you will make poor diet choices or have lack of excercise but it is more likely. You can ignore repeated studies on the subject if you like. That and the fact it costs society more money which could otherwise be spent on the NHS or other stretched services.

Exactly. You're talking about probability vs certainty.

A poor person may become obese - a rich person may too. An obese person whether rich or poor is already obese.

Soldato
Exactly. You're talking about probability vs certainty.

A poor person may become obese - a rich person may too. An obese person whether rich or poor is already obese.

Personally I don’t care poor people or fat people costing society more money, if it isn’t them it will be someone else. People will hate on a group for costing society money depending on which is the latest fashionable group to hate on, that was what I was trying to illustrate although probably poorly

Caporegime
Change the record you boring ****s.

This same boring argument about fast food and overweight.
Educate the crappy kids you pump out problem solved in 2 generations.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Somebody didn't get his shreddies this morning!

Or KFC bucket and gravy.

But seriously are you not bored of repeating the same topics over and over every week?
Like I say in these angry, obisity, immigration or brexit threads, surely there is something more proactive you can do? Pickett a chipshop, or start a training club for fat kids. Use your skills and knowledge on the issue to educate your local community. Can't you start a weight watchers franchise in your spare time?

I guess not. It's more fun echo chambering name calling and other high calibre Witt with other similary, Pro active people. If it really bothers you do something real.

Is KFC and gravy actually a thing up north?
I actually got a box of cornflakes for breakfast :p

Soldato
Meanwhile the food industry is injecting hormones and other rubbish in to food...

There is a well known ice cream brand that has weed killer in the product.. and when confronted about it, it wasn't denied!

If the foods you eat are cheap bad foods then the positive parts of exercise is going to be limited.

Of course richer people are healthier because they can afford to buy better foods, so even if they don't do exercises their body isn't dealing with hormone ridden foods.

Some of the comments on the thread sound like they are from the past in another country.

Caporegime
But seriously are you not bored of repeating the same topics over and over every week?
Like I say in these angry, obisity, immigration or brexit threads, surely there is something more proactive you can do? Pickett a chipshop, or start a training club for fat kids. Use your skills and knowledge on the issue to educate your local community. Can't you start a weight watchers franchise in your spare time?

I guess not. It's more fun echo chambering name calling and other high calibre Witt with other similary, Pro active people. If it really bothers you do something real.

Is KFC and gravy actually a thing up north?
I actually got a box of cornflakes for breakfast :p

You've never had kfc gravy? It's a thing everywhere. Best. Thing. Ever.

Soldato
because if you're for the compulsory serving of asparagus at breakfast, free corsets for the under 5's and the abolition of slavery then you sir have my vote!

I'm sure many moderate people would respect your stand on asparagus, but what about all this extremist nonsense about abolishing slavery?

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Simple, it places an increased strain on already limited resources. They take up additional space inconveniencing others (transport, shop aisles, even pavements). I generally find they smell unpleasant too.

"They take up space in shop aisles and pavements" and "they smell unpleasant" has to be the most anecdotal **** excuse to be a bigot ever.

When I start getting taxed for their poor lifestyle choices, it becomes my problem

(strikes Trump pose) Fake taxes people!

In all seriousness though - you're not getting taxed because people's poor lifestyle choice, you're getting taxed because it was there to tax and they taxed it. Could have been tax on number of windows or poll tax, or.. oh... wait...

I don't get where this "fat people are a problem" way of thinking comes from. With exception of poverty and famine, there has never been a period in human history that didn't feature overweight people, it seems as natural and statistically expected as baldness or flat feet, many studies confirmed being overweight (vs being unfit) doesn't really attribute to shorter life expectancy and even extends life expectancy in some brackets. Plus vast majority of people, at some point in their life will be overweight. So - I don't quite get why is it a problem that needs fixing on any level.

Back
Top Bottom