i think i've solved the fat problem

Associate
The problem is more that convenience food is full of heavily processed or refined food which makes you put on weight and get diabetes. The people that make this food are as lazy as the people that eat it. Any food that's better for you gets an immediate price increase by the supermarkets because if its good for you its obviously a luxury item, even if it costs less to make.

Caporegime
The problem is more that convenience food is full of heavily processed or refined food which makes you put on weight and get diabetes. The people that make this food are as lazy as the people that eat it. Any food that's better for you gets an immediate price increase by the supermarkets because if its good for you its obviously a luxury item, even if it costs less to make.

Well except for veg which is just first cheap.

Even chopped and prepared if you don't mind frozen.

Quui a killo for most veg prepared

Soldato
First thing I would do is have a raised general tax for people over a certain bmi so they contribute more to the NHS directly.
I would also bring in laws meaning fresh veg and healthy basic foods are subsidised, and unhealthy ready meals are never the cheaper option.

Soldato
LOL at all the Daily Mail/Express/Sun fat/poor bashing costing the country and the NHS and "tax payers" money blah blah blah.

If you didn't have poor people working ****** min wage jobs, who would keep you Tories nice and rich?

And it's a well known fact that poor people make poor food choices - nothing to do with splashing out on takeaways every night "oh they can afford it they should buy healthy food instead" - no they buy cheap food that is pumped with **** and fat because they can't afford to buy the dearer healthier version.

Commissario
First thing I would do is have a raised general tax for people over a certain bmi so they contribute more to the NHS directly.
I would also bring in laws meaning fresh veg and healthy basic foods are subsidised, and unhealthy ready meals are never the cheaper option.
Dilly dilly!

Soldato
We should have "fat" designated bays as well as disabled bays. If you've a fat badge you can park in these bays exclusively, but they are parked as far away from the supermarket as possible.
It's funny until you realise obese people get to use the actual disabled bays so they don't have to walk as far to hop on a ride on trolley :(

Caporegime
LOL at all the Daily Mail/Express/Sun fat/poor bashing costing the country and the NHS and "tax payers" money blah blah blah.

If you didn't have poor people working ****** min wage jobs, who would keep you Tories nice and rich?

And it's a well known fact that poor people make poor food choices - nothing to do with splashing out on takeaways every night "oh they can afford it they should buy healthy food instead" - no they buy cheap food that is pumped with **** and fat because they can't afford to buy the dearer healthier version.

Except as I've already pointed out healthier foods have in multiple studies been found to be cheaper. Cost and thus earnings are not a factor.

Soldato
It is very hard work getting fat eating healthy foods.
Not especially - Just quit smoking, get yourself an injury or two and work long hours in a fairly sedentary job that eats into any time/motivation you'd normally spend up the gym. With life necessities like this, even halving your daily intake of free-range organic paleo-friendly non-processed healthy food, you can still end up putting on weight.

Soldato
Not especially - Just quit smoking, get yourself an injury or two and work long hours in a fairly sedentary job that eats into any time/motivation you'd normally spend up the gym. With life necessities like this, even halving your daily intake of free-range organic paleo-friendly non-processed healthy food, you can still end up putting on weight.

An extreme example which I would have sympathy with being a very unpleasant situation but not the case for most people who simply eat too much of the wrong foods.

Caporegime
Why not just have ID which states whether your fat tax exempt or not ? Then a button is pressed at checkout to either charge you for being fat, or not charge you for being healthy and responsible ?

genetics plays a huge part. as in some people can east whatever they want and stay slim. guy at work for instance regularly eats mc donalds for breakfast, kebabs for lunch and all you can eat buffet at indian for dinner. there are others that find it extremely hard to lose weight and gain it easily.

there are those that also use things like this as an excuse but i find it very easy to gain weight and had to take up running 10K a day to lose weight even when eating 1 meal a day (intermittent fasting). my ideal bodyweight for my height and muscle mass is probably around 85kg (as in lean fighting weight). my normal day to day weight when out of shape can fluctuate between 100-120kg.

It is very hard work getting fat eating healthy foods. Very easily done on processed foods.

even non processed foods can be unhealthy

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I got crucified once because, admittedly I was tired and grumpy in an airport, because I posted on a forum I didn't think it was fair that overweight people pay the same price for a ticket as I do on a plane when they cost more energy to move.

That and why should someone who wears XXS pay the same price for a shirt as someone who wears XXL

Soldato
genetics plays a huge part. as in some people can east whatever they want and stay slim. guy at work for instance regularly eats mc donalds for breakfast, kebabs for lunch and all you can eat buffet at indian for dinner. there are others that find it extremely hard to lose weight and gain it easily.

there are those that also use things like this as an excuse but i find it very easy to gain weight and had to take up running 10K a day to lose weight even when eating 1 meal a day (intermittent fasting). my ideal bodyweight for my height and muscle mass is probably around 85kg (as in lean fighting weight). my normal day to day weight when out of shape can fluctuate between 100-120kg.

Yes it's complicated but it's not impossible to find a balance that suits each individual where one can either lose weight or stay at a constant

The science is simple, if you burn more energy than you consume you should theoretically lose weight

Most are either too lazy or too busy to find that balance which results in weight issues and a lot of it is down to the type of food one eats vs the amount or the exercise done due to differing metabolism

That's my take on it from someone who was once skinny then overweight due to being lazy then lost that weight due to a balancing of diet and no longer being lazy

Caporegime
I got crucified once because, admittedly I was tired and grumpy in an airport, because I posted on a forum I didn't think it was fair that overweight people pay the same price for a ticket as I do on a plane when they cost more energy to move.

That and why should someone who wears XXS pay the same price for a shirt as someone who wears XXL

Because they are both not mainstream sizes. Your argument is incredibly badly thought out.
Anything that deviates from the standard is charged at a premium.
Also buy kids clothes, manchild :p

I don't think it's fair that women pay the the same price as men. I don't think it's fair that bodybuilders bay the same as dwarfism sufferers. Don't get me started on disabled people taking up space on public transport.

Caporegime
Yes it's complicated but it's not impossible to find a balance that suits each individual where one can either lose weight or stay at a constant

The science is simple, if you burn more energy than you consume you should theoretically lose weight

Most are either too lazy or too busy to find that balance which results in weight issues and a lot of it is down to the type of food one eats vs the amount or the exercise done due to differing metabolism

That's my take on it from someone who was once skinny then overweight due to being lazy then lost that weight due to a balancing of diet and no longer being lazy

oh yeah if someone really puts their mind to it and with a lot of willpower even those with bad genetics should be able to stay a healthy weight however it's a constant battle for them whereas someone with the right genetics can pretty much do whatever he feels like. i've also seen the fat lazy types who use some condition or genes as an excuse but they do zero exercise and eat processed crap in packets all day long.

you can't tar everyone with the same brush. we are all different.

Caporegime
oh yeah if someone really puts their mind to it and with a lot of willpower even those with bad genetics should be able to stay a healthy weight however it's a constant battle for them whereas someone with the right genetics can pretty much do whatever he feels like. i've also seen the fat lazy types who use some condition or genes as an excuse but they do zero exercise and eat processed crap in packets all day long.

you can't tar everyone with the same brush. we are all different.

laws of thermodynamics are the same regardless, strangely enough it seems that a couple of generations ago people didn't need so much willpower - I don't think that is genetics, just diet... modern shops contain plenty of goods with high sugar and plenty of people eat takeaways with high fat content

Back
Top Bottom