i think i've solved the fat problem

Associate
With the rumoured demise of some of Marvels big superheros coming up now is maybe the time for a new character to join the Avengers.
Fatman, he will replace Tony Stark as Ironman.

Fatman has a number of superhero skills and abilities.

Fatman has superhero strength, he can lift several 24can packs of lager into his tescos trolley at once.
Fatman is immune to some damage, his 6 inches of fat over every muscle and bone can stop most calibers up to a 44Mag.
Fatman has superior fighting skills and would win in a scrap with Capt America even without using kungfoo as a simple slap from the blubber causes his opponent to fall over laughing.
Fatman has a signature attack move inspired by Bruce Lees known as the one-belly-punch, one hit from this bad boy and you will need to regenerate like Doctor Who.
Fatman can fly, although he needs advanced notice to book a cargo flight from a suitable airport nearby.
Fatman has superior recovery ability like Hulk or wolverine - you can remove 98% of his body weight and he still will live assuming you just removed the fat bits.
Fatman can survive in extreme cold down to even Scottish summertime temps, he is not to good at hot climates though and this is his main weakness as he will drown on his own sweat if left alone in the sun for more than 3 mins.
Finally fatman is a good goalkeeper, if the Avengers ever needed one for a mission he is the obvious choice and there is only 3 inches of space either side of him to get a ball past with most regulation goal mouths.

Soldato
Because they are both not mainstream sizes. Your argument is incredibly badly thought out.
Anything that deviates from the standard is charged at a premium.
Also buy kids clothes, manchild :p

I don't think it's fair that women pay the the same price as men. I don't think it's fair that bodybuilders bay the same as dwarfism sufferers. Don't get me started on disabled people taking up space on public transport.

Hey, I said I was tired and grumpy in an airport, if a man can't moan under those circumstances, when can he moan? :p (I still think larger people should pay more money for transport... but my opinion on that may change in a few years as I seem to be doing some growing myself)

I'm a medium/large in clothes so I'm not getting the short end of the deal. I'm shockingly average at best in all aspects of life

Caporegime
laws of thermodynamics are the same regardless, strangely enough it seems that a couple of generations ago people didn't need so much willpower - I don't think that is genetics, just diet... modern shops contain plenty of goods with high sugar and plenty of people eat takeaways with high fat content

2 generations ago you didn't have as much industrial food sources or processed foods.

it was actually world war 2 that really pushed processed foods and made it apparent that it could be used to make money.

the soldiers were the first people to be given processed and refined food sources. after the war ended they then pushed those same foods onto everyone.

it also doesn't help corrupt scientists have made myths turn into facts. such as fat is unhealthy. refined oils are healthy, etc.

Soldato
An extreme example which I would have sympathy with being a very unpleasant situation but not the case for most people who simply eat too much of the wrong foods.
Wrong foods are only a part of it.
Lifestyle is the governing factor in many cases - No access to anything but processed stuff, not enough time to go get something healthy, no time left to make healthy things at home the night before, long hours sat in meetings, long hours sat in traffic or on long commutes, often having to delay or miss meals entirely, and a generally fatiguing life that leaves very little energy or motivation to do much more than sleep, never mind spending hours down the gym or anything.

Caporegime
oh yeah if someone really puts their mind to it and with a lot of willpower even those with bad genetics should be able to stay a healthy weight however it's a constant battle for them whereas someone with the right genetics can pretty much do whatever he feels like. i've also seen the fat lazy types who use some condition or genes as an excuse but they do zero exercise and eat processed crap in packets all day long.

you can't tar everyone with the same brush. we are all different.

except its not is it?

people who ~"eat crap" and stay thing dont actually eat that much averaged out, people who are fat but "struggle" do eat ****loads. you have about a 2 degrees C tolerance for body temp (upwards) before you die. genetics "metabolism~" etc whatever you call it can be described as inefficiency ie the amount they eat more is wasted as heat and not turned into fat. now given the such tight tolerance for temperature that just isn't happening or all these thin people who eat whatever they like would die pretty ******* quick of overheating and denatured enzymes .

thermodynamics dictate that the MASSIVE overriding factor in everything to do with fat is simply, what you shovel into your gaping maw,

as so perfectly evidenced by the gastric band, miraculouly these people with bad genetics when forced to eat less by physically limiting the sizxe of their stomach lose weight. it proves instantly they could have achieved exactly the same result by simply putting less food into their mouths.

unless will power is genetics then sure carry on.

2 generations ago you didn't have as much industrial food sources or processed foods.

it was actually world war 2 that really pushed processed foods and made it apparent that it could be used to make money.

the soldiers were the first people to be given processed and refined food sources. after the war ended they then pushed those same foods onto everyone.

it also doesn't help corrupt scientists have made myths turn into facts. such as fat is unhealthy. refined oils are healthy, etc.

define processed here for us.

as reshaping meat is a massive "processing" task but nutritionally changes nothing.

but adding sugar to tomato sauce is minimal processing but changes the nutrition massively.

Wrong foods are only a part of it.
Lifestyle is the governing factor in many cases - No access to anything but processed stuff, not enough time to go get something healthy, no time left to make healthy things at home the night before, long hours sat in meetings, long hours sat in traffic or on long commutes, often having to delay or miss meals entirely, and a generally fatiguing life that leaves very little energy or motivation to do much more than sleep, never mind spending hours down the gym or anything.

tesco chili con carne 55p a tin.

little high on salt but absolutely fine as food, combined with a 65p of microwave long grain rice and you technically have two meals a tin.

personally thought i use 1 bag rice per 2 tins of chillie.

processed, but good solid macros, lots of fibre etc dirt cheap and takes literally 0 -2 minutes time depending on your heat
preferences.

no one on earth is losing weight in the gym, they lose it in the kitchen

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
define processed here for us.

as reshaping meat is a massive "processing" task but nutritionally changes nothing.

but adding sugar to tomato sauce is minimal processing but changes the nutrition massively.

processed is anything not in it's natural form.

for example if you buy a bag of potatoes in the veg aisle. it's in it's natural form as in they came out the ground looking like that.

if you go and buy potato waffles. they are made out of potatoes but they didn't come out the ground in squares with square holes in them with all the skin removed. mashed up, crap added and reformed.

except its not is it?

people who ~"eat crap" and stay thing dont actually eat that much averaged out, people who are fat but "struggle" do eat ****loads. you have about a 2 degrees C tolerance for body temp (upwards) before you die. genetics "metabolism~" etc whatever you call it can be described as inefficiency ie the amount they eat more is wasted as heat and not turned into fat. now given the such tight tolerance for temperature that just isn't happening or all these thin people who eat whatever they like would die pretty ******* quick of overheating and denatured enzymes .

thermodynamics dictate that the MASSIVE overriding factor in everything to do with fat is simply, what you shovel into your gaping maw,

as so perfectly evidenced by the gastric band, miraculouly these people with bad genetics when forced to eat less by physically limiting the sizxe of their stomach lose weight. it proves instantly they could have achieved exactly the same result by simply putting less food into their mouths.

unless will power is genetics then sure carry on.

how much energy in calories is required to run your body at 0.2C higher than average 24/7?

Caporegime
processed is anything not in it's natural form.

for example if you buy a bag of potatoes in the veg aisle. it's in it's natural form as in they came out the ground looking like that.

if you go and buy potato waffles. they are made out of potatoes but they didn't come out the ground in squares with square holes in them with all the skin removed. mashed up, crap added and reformed.

Right but the processing you're referring top there doesn't change anything in terms of calorific content and so cant be the problem you say.

burgers for instance, heavily processed but not any differnt to the steak they where ground from.

Caporegime
how much energy in calories is required to run your body at 0.2C higher than average 24/7?

9.99-16kcal

average male in the uk 83.69kg, 60% water =approx 50kg water = 41813 joules to increase 0.2C
full weight as water =69,000 joules

so 10-16kcal.

mars bar is what 150kcal?

not sure how you'd extrapolate that over 24 hours though ill admit

if it helps definition of a kcal is

"the energy needed to increase 1 kg of water by 1°C at a pressure of 1 atmosphere."

Last edited:
Soldato
Nothing like getting absolutely plastered on a night out...grabbing a mcdonalds on the way back on the top of a 10 foot rock climbing wall. What could go wrong?!

Caporegime
Right but the processing you're referring top there doesn't change anything in terms of calorific content and so cant be the problem you say.

burgers for instance, heavily processed but not any differnt to the steak they where ground from.

it is because processed foods have a different effect on the way the body handles them.

this is where the calorie argument falls down.

if i eat 2000 calories of fresh veg a day and 2000 calories of mc donalds a day. 1 of them will make me put on a lot more weight and likely kill me prematurely.

for instance if i add 15g of healthy fat (avocado, nuts, coconut oil, butter) to every meal it will do me good. if i add 15g of bad fat (hydrogenated, refined vegetable oils) it will be bad even though it's the same thing calorie wise. they both have hugely different effects on the body.

you cannot say eat less and lose weight. some people can eat more and stay slim. there are studies that have shown this

Caporegime
it is because processed foods have a different effect on the way the body handles them.

this is where the calorie argument falls down.

if i eat 2000 calories of fresh veg a day and 2000 calories of mc donalds a day. 1 of them will make me put on a lot more weight and likely kill me prematurely.

for instance if i add 15g of healthy fat (avocado, nuts, coconut oil, butter) to every meal it will do me good. if i add 15g of bad fat (hydrogenated, refined vegetable oils) it will be bad even though it's the same thing calorie wise. they both have hugely different effects on the body.

you cannot say eat less and lose weight. some people can eat more and stay slim. there are studies that have shown this

But that's comparing apples to oranges or veg to meat if you like.

100g of steak as a whole will be exacrly the same as 100g of steak minced .

1kg of veg will be exactly the same in its natural state to 1kg of veg mashed or blended into soup?

Your comparing here deep fat frying whoch is adds in a lot of fat thus changing the calorie content. Other wise no 2000kcal of mcdonalds will not add any more weight than 2000kcal of anything else (also you'll lose wieght on both as as amale you're needing probbaly 2.5kkcal)

As for your fat argument that's a cholesterol thing not a obesity tjing.

Soldato
Exercise definitely makes a difference. I was one of those people that always complained I couldn't put on weight, but it was mainly down to having a physical job where I was on my feet all day humping heavy tools and materials around. I have been off work for a while and have gained over 2 stone. Now I have the opposite problem of wanting to lose the weight as it's gone straight to my stomach lol.

Caporegime
9.99-16kcal

average male in the uk 83.69kg, 60% water =approx 50kg water = 41813 joules to increase 0.2C
full weight as water =69,000 joules

so 10-16kcal.

mars bar is what 150kcal?

not sure how you'd extrapolate that over 24 hours though ill admit

if it helps definition of a kcal is

"the energy needed to increase 1 kg of water by 1°C at a pressure of 1 atmosphere."

This does acrually raise a very interesting point though sonny.

Ever noticed how much fat people sweat?

Exercise definitely makes a difference. I was one of those people that always complained I couldn't put on weight, but it was mainly down to having a physical job where I was on my feet all day humping heavy tools and materials around. I have been off work for a while and have gained over 2 stone. Now I have the opposite problem of wanting to lose the weight as it's gone straight to my stomach lol.

So you cut from highly active to inactive without changing your diet and gained weight? Yes that's going to hapoen.

Now thing you spend 8 hours a day working who the **** spends 8 hours a day in the gym?

Caporegime
This does acrually raise a very interesting point though sonny.

Ever noticed how much fat people sweat?

it's because there body has to work harder to move. their heart is usually in a really bad state. their body is running not at optimal efficiency. it's likely their kidneys and liver are running impaired. full of fat and salt. most likely dehydrated for their size they require a lot more water and electrolytes.

it's not a simple thing to look at. it's why so many scientists have gotten it wrong and so many myths are out there as facts.

Caporegime
Lol this is basic biology and you people I thought as of intelligent just shatter that myth.

Excess heat generated in normal activity is retained more by fat insulation and causes more sweating to cool via evaporation. It's a vicious cycle.

Ever wonder why fat creatures tend to do well and have evolved in cold and wet environments. Not on land or tropical climates.

I don't actually know if you people are taking the Mick just to get more insults in or generally have zero biological understanding, which is odd on this information era.

I have to stop reading these threads :p They drive me bonkers.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
But that's comparing apples to oranges or veg to meat if you like.

100g of steak as a whole will be exacrly the same as 100g of steak minced .

1kg of veg will be exactly the same in its natural state to 1kg of veg mashed or blended into soup?

Your comparing here deep fat frying whoch is adds in a lot of fat thus changing the calorie content. Other wise no 2000kcal of mcdonalds will not add any more weight than 2000kcal of anything else (also you'll lose wieght on both as as amale you're needing probbaly 2.5kkcal)

As for your fat argument that's a cholesterol thing not a obesity tjing.

please stop posting tefal, you are wrong on so many levels.
there was an experiment done on lab rats. they ate exactly the same apart from one group had it ground up into a fine powder, they put on weight despite being same food and same calories.

do you understand how hard it i for people to just stop putting food in their mouth, when their entire body is telling them to eat. This is why gastric bypass works so well as it changes all the hormones in the body.
a calorie is a calorie is just a horrible myth made up by the food industry
100cal of sugar will make you crave more food, while a 100cal of fat/protien is far more satiating and does not cause the blood sugar roller coaster. Which means for a lot of people it is next to impossible to stop at say 2000 calories if you eat at mcdonalds.

and this is the problem with all these fat threads, the people having a go at fat people, don't have the first clue about nutrition and the effect it has the body and gives out absolutely terrible advice.

Not only that, fat shaming achieves the total opposite, what do people do when depressed/stressed etc, they go eat food for the dopamine rush to feel good.

So rather than being obnoxious **** why not actually be supportive and actually learn some biology.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom