• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I want the best Graphics out there

Soldato
LoL, recommendeding a 480 over a 5970 just lol, 5970 creams a 480 therefor you want the fastest card on the planet you go 5970, anyone that says otherwise is fanboy to the extreme. The 5970 actually uses less power than a 480. :eek:

Soldato
I looked up just cause 2 screenshots between PS3, XBOX and PC

I was staggered that xbox looked the SAME as PC

I'm hoping the review was dodge

I mentioned this in another thread a couple of weeks ago. I downloaded the demo of Just Cause 2 on Steam and on PSN. The PC version looks great but not too good frame rate with my GTX 260, nothing £300 couldn't fix:(:rolleyes: then I tried the PS3 demo. Ok. it's not as sharp, lower textures etc but overall, it looks almost as good and it runs great. It's a tough call to admit when enough is enough. I have no immediate plans to upgrade the graphics card (unless prices/products change) so If I wanted to play that game now, I don't know which way I would go.

Caporegime
The 360 is old and can be bought for peanuts now. Your 480GTX costs more than a 360, pads, a stack of games and a 42" Full HD TV! They will probably laugh at you

But yes, metro does look good. Pitty the gameplay isnt great and its very repetative.

How about an 8 player max supply battle on Starcraft 2 when its released next month? Bet the next generation of console wouldnt be up to that

THIS

you will just look a chump "look i spent 1500 quid" and well you know the rest.

Soldato
the only way you can do it is with one of those DX11 demos. there arn't any games that would show the relative performance difference between an Xbox 360 and a GTX 480.

Soldato
The modern gaming PC pawns both xbox360 and PS3. 2 years ago when I played metal gear solid 4 I was amazed by the graphics capability of PS3 and the game itself. At that time MGS4 seemed to have best graphics on PS3 . Recently I built my first gaming PC with HD 5850 graphics card and played Crysis. Wooah!! The game looked almost real and graphically very beautiful on max settings. Crysis warhead looks even better. Today I was playing the 2nd chapter of MGS4 which is set in south american jungle and wanted to compare the graphics of both games. The result is that there is no comparison. Crysis blows MGS4 graphically. The renderings of the environment in MGS4 seemed modest at best.;)

Soldato
The modern gaming PC pawns both xbox360 and PS3. 2 years ago when I played metal gear solid 4 I was amazed by the graphics capability of PS3 and the game itself. At that time MGS4 seemed to have best graphics on PS3 . Recently I built my first gaming PC with HD 5850 graphics card and played Crysis. Wooah!! The game looked almost real and graphically very beautiful on max settings. Crysis warhead looks even better. Today I was playing the 2nd chapter of MGS4 which is set in south american jungle and wanted to compare the graphics of both games. The result is that there is no comparison. Crysis blows MGS4 graphically. The renderings of the environment in MGS4 seemed modest at best.;)

that's one 3 year old game. I often refer to it as the last proper PC game. As an example of what a PC can do, it's very good. As an example of what PC games look like, it's quite bad

Last edited:
Associate
well Crysis 2 will be coming out on ps3 soon, so we will see what pwans

Tho crysis 2 is coming out.. I still think it will be best on pc, tho i will be buying it for pc and ps3 (missing out the xbox) to see what it's like..

Didn't they say they had two teams working on it? one for console and one for pc? meaning it should be dx11?? Check link of dx11 games crysis 2 is there

CLICK HERE

Associate
I think PC gamers are very hard on consoles.

I have Final Fantasy XIII on PS3 and it's better looking than any PC game I've ever played.And I have Crysis.

It's amazing how a card based on the 7 series can do so well.Admittedly it's only at 720p though.

Back
Top Bottom