I was drooling today grrrr press photographers and their lens

Soldato
:eek:

Flipping hell... Some people have far too much money!

Anyway...when I'm not doing anything too serious, I normally just carry one Minolta 7000 body, a 35-105mm and a 70-210mm.

If I'm doing some serious photography, I will bring a spare Minolta 7000 body just in case, with the 35-105mm on, have the 70-210mm on my main body and a 50mm prime too, as well as a tripod.

When I go digital, I intend to buy a spare camera body.. Of course, I am no professional, but it's just in case. Nothing like a 1DS though! Two 300Ds will do me! Plus theres that Canon film system I'm building up too.

Soldato
Attu said:
The first is a 500mm f4 IS
The 500mm F4 IS has an extra black grip towards the front lens element

It's definitely a 300mm 2.8

Canon-Super-Telephoto-L-Lens-Comparison.jpg

Left : Canon EF 300mm F2.8 IS L
Middle : Canon EF 400mm F2.8 IS L
Right : Canon EF 500mm F4 IS L

Last edited:
Soldato
freebooter said:
Before you all get too excited, even pros hire those sort of lenses rather than own them.
Beansprout said:
But the magazines they work for own them :D

Indeed :)
Sports Illustrated own several Canon 1200mm lenses and photo G's working for agencies will be using their lenses.
I know many photographers who own Canon 300mm 2.8, 500mm F4's etc

Associate
It's one thing using those lenses, I wouldin't fancy lugging them around :eek: I don't think they would fit inside my little Lowepro nova 1..

Those two with the handles above and below really look like surface to air missle launchers :D

Kieran

Soldato
busterboy said:
wave.gif
Hi mate...
Yo :)

I was wondering when you would show up :p You forgot to post the picture of your baby ;)

The 300mm 2.8 is my next lens but I have lost of hard work and saving to do before I can get my hands on one - grrrr :(

Last edited:

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

SDK^ said:
Yo :)

I was wondering when you would show up :p You forgot to post the picture of your baby ;)

The 300mm 2.8 is my next lens but I have lost of hard work and saving to do before I can get my hands on one - grrrr :(

How about you give us a flash of your 100-400 instead ;)

Associate
SDK^ said:
The 300mm 2.8 is my next lens but I have lots of hard work and saving to do before I can get my hands on one - grrrr :(

Get your backside up here mate, You can take it for a month as I have loads of work on here at home.. :(

New kitchen being fitted every spare minute I have. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom