1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

i3/i5 graphics performance?

Discussion in 'CPUs' started by Badger_grr, 16 May 2010.

1. Badger_grr

Gangster

Are they powerful enough to play blu ray discs and ripped hd?

2. CAT-THE-FIFTH

Capodecina

Any of the modern IGPs from AMD and Intel will be fine for playing HD content, as long as the media player you are using can take advantage of the decoding ability of the IGP.

3. Nuwidol

Gangster

An I3 H55 combo will do you fine.

Have a peek at setting up a media centre like XBMC too. Makes the whole experience a lot sweeter IMO :)

4. chipps101

Mobster

as long as your not applying post processing effects they can do the job fine

5. Badger_grr

Gangster

nice one, pretty much what Im thinking. :D

6. Phil3

Gangster

I would have thought that they would, since that it HD content is what everyone isplaying these days.

Hope you have fun with your new media centre.

Grumbl3s :D

7. Badger_grr

Gangster

8. Phil3

Gangster

mmhmm, My uncle is about to buy an I5 laptop with onboard graphics. Surely the performance of that is going to be very similar yes?

Think he's probably going to be buying it in the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know how that does playing HD video if you want.

Actually I've just thought...most laptops these days come with a crappy 1366x768 display on them, Though there's no reason not to plug it into the 1080p tv.

Last edited: 19 May 2010