i7 4980HQ BGA-to-LGA1150 w/ delid protector beats i7 4790t i7 7700 E3 1284l v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hi, everyone, so I amselling several i7 4980hq BGA-TO-LGA 1150, it has already been delided withhigh performance liquid metal. I will try my best to assist you to install andmake the best use of the CPU, but I still only recommend the buyers should behaving some experience on DIY so there will not be too many questions for me.Below is the detail of the CPU and installation steps.

Seller(Me): 23/09/2018

Overclocked this I7 -4980hq using AXP-100, to all core 4.3Ghz at average 75 °C. It pass Aid64 Cpu stress test for 30 minutes and scored 879 at CINEBENCH R15.

Specifics:

Model: I7 4980HQ LGA1150

Basic clock: 2.8G-4.0G QuadCore Eight threads.

Intel HD Graphics: HD5200Pro

TDP: 47W

Compatible mtb: B85 Z87 H87H97 Z97 even H81, as long as it is LGA 1150, for overclocking, please selectZ97 Z87, and some specific models of B85.

Also please note: please useASUS, MSI, ASROCK and so on motherboard brands, apart from Gigabyte(Asmost of Gigabyte’s mtb does not support CrystallWell, so it cannot be used)

Installation process:

1. Simply screw up thethree screws(in the red circle) around 0.5mm higher.

2. install thecpu normally.

Warranty:

1. eligible for 7days no reason return/refund, but buyer need to be responsible for thereturn postage.

2. Three-monthwarranty for the CPU faulty including blue screen, unknown crash.But if the CPU is burn because of overclocking, this will not be eligible forthe warranty. So please overclock gently :).

Only British buyer allowed.Items will be posted in 1 business day by first class royal mail.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.ebay.com/itm/i7-4980HQ-...478445?hash=item3631c8d1ad:g:S8IAAOSw0Lha826D

Below is the previous demolisting about this CPU:

This listing is for demopurpose only.
For a long time I try my best to make sure that the item I sell are absolutelyidentical to description. I also try to identfy all flaws that I can seen andI'm always willing to help out whenever there's something wrong with the stuff.And also to post out the item within the time I stated in the listing.

I don't care what kind feedback is given for shipping and handling fee orshipping time, since I can't demand too much on that due to my work and alsothe hopelessness of USPS. Whenever there's a time urgency you should seekamazon or local stores, instead of a pathetic office potato who's not a professionalseller.

But it's just too tiring and exhausting to go after those so called feedbacks,especially when there's no point for me to do all those s**** that I'm not makea living on.

So from now on, for the interesting stuffs that I have, sales will only be madeto a selected group of people.

If you want this i7 4980HQ, please ask your chinese friend for help. Or waitfor someone else to be willing to take the risk and hassle of taking thingsfrom China and sell on feebay.

=)

=================================================================================
Regarding this processor itself:
It's a BGA to LGA converted processor made by some creative ppl in China, whichenables you to have better choice on low power platform such as itx, or HTPC. TheTIM they used is liquid metal so there's also no need to delid.

I got this processor for my thinkstation M93p tiny and it works absolutelyfine. I'd say it performs better than i7 4765T or E3 1275l v3 in almost everyaspect. Although limited by total TDP, it can be more flexible than the otherprocessors and can definitely handle some moderate gaming. CPU performance isbetter than i7 5775c if not limited by TDP. You can get 4.6G/4.5G/4.4G/4.4G maxwithe the extra 6 multipliers. Can also mine Monero at ~500 h/s @ 2.8Ghz due tothe 128MB cache of iris pro graphics.

Limitation is the TDP and cooling, haswells are infamous for the heat and arenicknames hotwells. In order to make this processor running at it's fullpotential you will need 95W or more TDP. And it can go up way more if you areto overclock the iGPU aswell. (ppl on chinese forums had recorded powerconsumption of ~200W when both CPU and GPU are fully loaded )

I'm hoping to elaboratemore on this processor or maybe write a review on some forum when I have aspare haswell platform to push it harder. But work...... *sigh*

You can search"i7 4980hq" on Ebay or Etsy for more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom