• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
I'm using an Aorus Z390 Pro Board with my i9900k and trying to get stable with decent temps at 5Ghz.

Here's where i'm at;

Vcore - 1.325v
LLC - Turbo
AVX Offset - (Would like to set Minus 2 or 3, but my board seems to have a problem with this as it makes my overclocking very unstable, even when i change nothing but this and run the same benchmarks, have read a fair bit about it and don't think there's anything i can do?)
Uncore - 43 Currently, will move it up when I've locked down a few other things.

Running Realbench Stress i usually hover around 70c and popping up to 80c every now and again.

My question is - What do i need to be running and how long for, for me to consider myself stable? I can run RealBench for an hour without issues, but if i run AVX Prime95 i'm having issues. (Which i would assume AVX Offset would help with).

Last edited:
Associate
Half way through a 30 minute RealBench test, 5ghz at 1.154v full load. This was set by giving AI overclock a go, gave me 51/50, meaning 50 for AVX and 51 non AVX loads.
d84ed139-8fd3-461e-8f6c-3522860f72fa-original.jpg

Finished.
a5dd862e-24f8-45a6-831e-5f59cd20ad1f-original.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Having an issue with my 9900k at the moment, been running it since december..rock [email protected] @1.275v. I am noticing the clocks are underclocking to 800mhz whereas before they stayed at a constant 4.7. Intel speedshift is disabled and I'm using ultra performance windows power plan. The only thing that has changed on my system lately was a windows update last week. Bios profile is the same as its been for 3 months. Windows power plan is unchanged. Any ideas?

Associate
Having an issue with my 9900k at the moment, been running it since december..rock [email protected] @1.275v. I am noticing the clocks are underclocking to 800mhz whereas before they stayed at a constant 4.7. Intel speedshift is disabled and I'm using ultra performance windows power plan. The only thing that has changed on my system lately was a windows update last week. Bios profile is the same as its been for 3 months. Windows power plan is unchanged. Any ideas?
Have you checked EIST and C1E as well. ?

Associate
Observation on stability:

I followed the Gigabyte official guide which gets me 5ghz @ 1.26v LLC Turbo (no AVX offset). That's what I've been running for some time.

Then I tried buildzoid's method of getting to 5ghz from his latest RAM overclocking video. That got me L0 Cache errors in Intel XTU which was weird.

In my particular case, the Gigabyte guide gave me more stability. The difference could be our mobo? He using the Z390 Master and mine is a Pro/Wifi.

Soldato
Observation on stability:

I followed the Gigabyte official guide which gets me 5ghz @ 1.26v LLC Turbo (no AVX offset). That's what I've been running for some time.

Then I tried buildzoid's method of getting to 5ghz from his latest RAM overclocking video. That got me L0 Cache errors in Intel XTU which was weird.

In my particular case, the Gigabyte guide gave me more stability. The difference could be our mobo? He using the Z390 Master and mine is a Pro/Wifi.

CPU lottery as then different Mosfets being used .

believe now Gigabyte will work closely with buildzoid after he and others destroyed their z370 range and x470 Ultra situation .

Associate
CPU lottery as then different Mosfets being used .

believe now Gigabyte will work closely with buildzoid after he and others destroyed their z370 range and x470 Ultra situation .

It wouldn't be CPU lottery as I'm talking about my CPU in both cases of testing?

I'm talking about the different in methods of achieving 5ghz through bios.

Back
Top Bottom