• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ian McNaughton goes out against The Way it's Meant to be Played

Soldato
The other side of the coin ati are with blizzard what if they did the same with nivida cards with wow and sc2 and d3?.
The slippery slope is,will we start to get all games that run a lot better on ati/nvidia and get crippled on the competitors cards.
I would like to know if they have put in code to stop ati cards working with AA in batman( if it is just optimize their code for nvidia then fair enough).

Associate
So the fact that ATI is locked out may be intentional or due to not being tested or a mix of both...

If they used their own version of AA then why not leave some kind of standard AA method for Ati cards, I am assuming using customised AA improves fram rates without much loss in quality. At least we Ati card users would have the AA option, optimised or not.

Man of Honour
Whatever is is the AA support in batman is all over the shot...

With x16 forced I get better average and max fps by quite a margin than any other level of AA and it looks really nice so its actually using x16 but the odd place it just suddenly crawls, from a constant ~60fps to 10-15fps - whereas with any other level it rarely drops below 60.

Man of Honour
If they used their own version of AA then why not leave some kind of standard AA method for Ati cards, I am assuming using customised AA improves fram rates without much loss in quality. At least we Ati card users would have the AA option, optimised or not.

There is a standard method, which has the same effect as enabling it in the control panel/forced... however theres also the ability for the game developer to implement their own form of multisampling, which leads to some variation in the implementation but results in better performance.

Associate
There is a standard method, which has the same effect as enabling it in the control panel/forced... however theres also the ability for the game developer to implement their own form of multisampling, which leads to some variation in the implementation but results in better performance.

If there is a standard AA model, then do you think it was wrong of the developers to completely leave out application controlled AA for ati cards.

All they would have to do is have 2 methods for the AA, one for Ati and for Nvidia, at least ingame you could still choose some kind of AA if you are an Ati customer or an nVidia customer.

Man of Honour
Out of interest has anyone with an ATI card tried changing the MaxMultiSamples= setting in the userengine.ini file to see if that does anything? would probably be a good indication of whether its maliciously done.

Soldato
Thread cleaned.

kylew and Rroff, your constant childish bickering with each other has got to stop. You both seem to be at each other throats practically all the time and it's getting extremely tiring. If you wish to argue with each other over the types of things you have been arguing in this thread and amongst others, then grab each others email addresses and sort it out over email. This applies to everyone else as well.

Thank you. :)

Man of Honour
No offense meant but I think I've been pretty decent about this overall, kept pretty civil when I could have lashed out... but my responses have ALWAYS been in defense after being attacked, I have never once instigated such... this has gone on for post after post with no moderation...

I intend to honor the warning and not reply to any post directed at me by kylew but if his badgering replies to my posts continue without moderation I'm going to take myself elsewhere.

Man of Honour
Hmm on reflection having read the first page again I kinda jumped the gun this time I'm so used to certain people ridiculing me.... sorry fire wizard I kinda lashed out there in frustration think its time to take some time away from these forums.

Soldato
No offense meant but I think I've been pretty decent about this overall, kept pretty civil when I could have lashed out... but my responses have ALWAYS been in defense after being attacked, I have never once instigated such... this has gone on for post after post with no moderation...

I intend to honor the warning and not reply to any post directed at me by kylew but if his badgering replies to my posts continue without moderation I'm going to take myself elsewhere.

When I had first come into this thread, the arguments between kylew and yourself had pretty much ended and by the end of it, both of you had your fair share of what you had to say to each other so my warning was directed at both of you and on the same level. I wasn't going to get into the nitpicking stuff and go through who is right and who is wrong in this particular instance.

Also, please remember that the moderating team try and uphold the forum rules and we try and keep the forums running as best as we can in our own free time. We do have other commitments so we may not get to a thread until the arguments have, unfortunately, escalated. Along with the fact that we may not even open up a thread that is getting out of hand. Which is why we have the "RTM" button, so if a post breaks the rules or a thread is getting out of hand, members can alert the moderating team and things like this can be addressed much more quickly.

That's all I'm going to say regarding this. If you wish to say anything more about this, please email someone part of the moderating team so you can discuss your concerns.

Thank you. :)

Soldato
Firewizard, please please start a argument with me i want to argue with you :p

wow the caffine is really starting to hit me lol, please please fire slap me about the place :D

P.s fire m8 i got some spare straght jackets :p *bit sweaty like*

AMG

AMG

Soldato
Firewizard, please please start a argument with me i want to argue with you :p

wow the caffine is really starting to hit me lol, please please fire slap me about the place :D

P.s fire m8 i got some spare straght jackets :p *bit sweaty like*

I can tell :eek:

As for Nvidia, if they are not rebranding they are dreaming up other ways of getting at ATI, and their users....they should learn to grow up.............. I never heard ATI doing anything like this when they had no card to counter Nvidia..... >_>

Associate
It's sad that nVidia has dropped the ball with their hardware so much that they have to resort to sabotaging entire games to get one up on the competition. I prefer to buy hardware based upon its merits but there's no way I'm going to buy nVidia hardware if it's detrimental to competition and to gaming. When nVidia stops playing dirty I will happily consider their cards again.

Associate
Well Nvidia can kiss all further money from me away. Speak with your wallets people! Don't give Nvidia a penny of your hard earned cash if these are the kind of shenanigans they pull!

Associate
This seriosuly annoys me, very very angry:mad::mad:

What is point in spending over a grand on a gaming system, to find out, if you don't pay for some overpriced crap from Nvidia, in certain games it will run pish for you:mad::mad:

Why are they allowed to get away with this? even if i owned a Nvidia card, i would still be annoyed, it aint right. Surely they should be fined, and people should avoid the makers of these games, and show them you won't accept it.

Just another reason in long list, whilst PC gaming is not worth hassle.

Sort it out you overpriced rich prats.:rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Oh please I've got nothing better to do than fake up screen shots :rolleyes:... whos to say the people making the alternative claim aren't faking it???

EDIT: Oh and the blacked out areas aren't extra tasks or anything sinister - I'd be more subtle than that if I was faking it up - just covering things that are covered by NDA.

Because the review sites have more creditability & i have ready many users saying the same thing even before batman.

Yours could be noting more than load balancing which depends on the CPU & OS.

Intel users were posting that TF2 was only using one core before the multi thread upgrade but on my phenom setup TF2 was load balancing between the cores.

Soldato
OP
I don't agree with Intel's tactics, but I still bought an i7. Their underhandedness did nothing to affect me anyway, it only shafted the people who buy pre-built PC's from the large vendors. In fact, it may have helped me. By restricting the market to intel's CPU's only, AMD would be forced to lower prices to compete, and Intel would retaliate, meaning it could be BETTER for us who build.

I also don't agree with nvidia's strategy, but I still bought an nvidia card. Although to be honest, if BFG did ATI cards, I'd have bought a 4870.

Sound reasons for going with what you have & all without making silly excuses for the companies involved.
Intel seems to have cleaned up there act for some time now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom