1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ICE/carputer help needed!

Discussion in 'Motors' started by surfsquid, 7 Jun 2006.

  1. surfsquid

    Wise Guy

    Joined: 13 Jan 2004

    Posts: 1,112

    Location: Bucks

    I'm not entirely sure where this should go but please move this thread if it's in the wrong place.

    I'm thinking of installing a computer in my car and was wondering what would be the best (read cheapest) way of connecting the pc up to my car speakers. Is it possibly to plug the soundcard output into a car amp or is there some speciual kit I need? I have heard of people using an FM transmitter to send the audio to a radio head unit but surely that would result in serious quality loss? thanks in advance guys.
  2. Reality Bites


    Joined: 28 Jul 2003

    Posts: 5,686

    Location: South Wales

  3. Confused


    Joined: 18 Oct 2002

    Posts: 8,019

    Best way would be directly into an amp. Lose the head unit and replace it with a nice touchscreen :)

    http://www.digital-car.co.uk for all your CarPC needs :)